Pages

Sunday 11 December 2022

Sunday

Bless - thank you! I'm trying to rest my leg as it is still a little sore.

Sharon - thank you! Bear is at 'choosing sixth form college' stage with university two years after that if all goes according to plan and if he wants to. I'm trying to give him room to make his own choices so that he doesn't feel forced in a direction, but I think that he will end up going. At the moment, bear would like to go to Oxford. I'm not saying he'll make it, but he may have a chance.

Eileen - thank you for setting the challenge. This month's challenge is intriguing, so thank you for setting it. I'm really worried about the car, but prices have gone up so much since we bought Red in 2019, so I'm worried about that as well. I'm keeping it all crossed.

DH drove into Leeds today and said that the car was fine. I am terrified of driving it tomorrow. There is a particularly steep part of the drive where I usually wait at traffic lights and if I can't get into first there, I will be utterly beyond stuffed. The car is booked into the garage for Tuesday, though, and hopefully they will sort it out - if they can find it. I'm driving bear to school, as he likes to get there around 7.30am (school starts at 8.40am) because it gives him time to do his homework. However I've asked him to take the bus home, and he is fine with that, having been in the car with me when it went wrong. 

I'm shattered for some reason, so I've bunged a casserole in the oven and we'll have it with mash. I still haven't caught up with everything, but I thought I'd share a couple of pics that I haven't posted.


The fuchsia may have lost its leaves, but a few flowers are still hanging on. It is far more resilient than me.

And this was the moon early in the morning one day last week, just as dawn was breaking. It made the Tesco car park beautiful.

England lost last night. I didn't watch it. We went out to a good team. Next time will be crazy with the added teams. 

Hopefully I'll have more fun stuff to share next week.

Hugs and good health to all. 


4 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed that the car behaves on your journey to and from school and also that the garage can identify and resolve whatever is causing the problem. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son did his Undergraduate degree at Cambridge - he went to Teddy’s- Sir Edmund hall
    He had a great time but preferred his experience at Warwick where he did his PhD - and said he would rather have gone there as an undergrad
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the moon pic. The sky is so pink. Hope all goes well with the drive tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photo of the close up of the fuchsia flowers! I hope your car behaves itself when you drive it, tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete