Pages

Saturday 18 February 2023

A Little Day Out

Briony - I understand about kneeling - it's a distant memory for me. I hope that your kitty gets used to it. Evil cat always seemed energised by the fights, but then she had a very straightforward way of looking at the world. 

Cherie - Alexander sounds amazing. Bear knows how to cook things. He just prefers me to do it. I've also said that I'll probably leave him in charge of his laundry from next year. Truth be told, I'll probably do a lot of it, but I want him to understand the rhythm of it and some of the pitfalls before he goes away for University (if he decides to go - I don't want to put pressure on him). I just want him to feel comfortable dealing with the world.

Apologies, I forgot about blogging yesterday. Mind you, nothing much happened so perhaps it's just as well.

Today I had a little run out to a nice car park. I didn't get much knitting done, but I read (kindle app on my phone) and relaxed. It wasn't so cold but I put a blanket over my legs for the cuddle of it. I also had a quick look around Oakwell Hall, which is free to visit, but I'll have to go back again when I have more time. It's worth a look and there are some nice walks in the grounds.



I'm not sure whether you'd get a good fire in here, it looks a little small.





There is such a story in here


I don't know what flower this is, but I thought it was beautiful.

Writing stuff - I got included in a Podcast discussing the horror film, The Ninth Gate here. I had a blast. Julia, who was hosting, is such a sweetie and I had such fun. I will have to see if I can cadge invitations to other podcasts, though I don't expect them all to be as lovely as Lynn and Julia.

Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice place to visit. When you visit places do you get inspirations to write about the location or to use it in one of your books? I imagine that a place like that has lots of stories to tell. If only walls could talk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing the photos of Oakwell Hall. It looks like a wonderful place to visit! The flowers look like a type of hellebore. I have a different variety of it growing in a pot in my garden.

    ReplyDelete