Pages

Thursday 9 February 2023

He Got the Offer!

Thank you all for the good wishes. I'm absolutely confident that they helped! Bear has got his conditional offer. All bear has to do now is get 7s in the relevant exams, and he got 9s in his mock exams, so hopefully he'll be there. 

My day has been as follows. I dropped bear off, went to visit my lovely friend in the Penines, left to pick up bear in plenty of time and took a wrong turn. My satnav was inaudible and I got epically and heroically lost. I went around Halifax town centre at least three times, was in the wrong lane or wrong gear unnervingly often and ended up on scary dual carriageways at 50mph. I also found myself on all sorts of narrow roads, residential streets and at least one commercial estate. I screeched into the car park where bear was waiting five minutes late and then rattled home as fast as was safe as tonight bear has extra classes for maths. The college is putting them on for free for anyone interested. Bear is, of course, interested, and we got home in time by the skin of our teeth. 

My leg still hurts but it could be worse.

I am now going to collapse in a corner and recover. Also - celebrate because bear did it!

Thank you for all the good wishes.

Hugs and good health to all. 

9 comments:

  1. Yay, that's fantastic news ... that Bear has a conditional offer, not the drive from h3ll or that your leg is still painful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done both of you. Getting lost is traumatic so you deserve a medal for not going to pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hazel (WitchHazel)9 February 2023 at 18:41

    Oh that's such good news! Well done Bear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Bear! And congrats as well to your awesome Mum and Dad who support you so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hoo! Congratulations, bear! Well done!
    Oh, poor you getting lost! It sounds like it was nerve wracking! I hate getting lost because then, I get all panicky! I hope you have a restful evening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATULATIONS BEAR!! You must be so proud!

    Sorry about the drive and the SatNav. My car one is ridiculous and I always use my phone instead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Bear, but goodness me Lyssa the places you accidentally wander into - and Halifax is not easy to navigate at the best of times!! It happened to me when I tried to find somewhere in Pudsey once without a map or satnav only DH on the end of the phone at home trying to get me to my destination whilst not knowing exactly where I was because I didn't know. One day we might bump into each other whilst both out and about and taking wrong turns - though it would be lovely to see you of course!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH! How exciting for all of you!! Bear will be over the moon happy for a long time. It's so frustrating when the gps/satnav suddenly loses volume - mine also tends to black out so I can't see the map. I seldom rely on it because of that. Best Wishes to all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done to Bear. I hate Sat Nav on my phone and my car. I read a map beforehand. You did great getting out of Halifax. I once used Sat Nav on my phone to drop youngest off at university. Neither of us had been there as he was about 1000 miles one way. It took forever with the phone. After I had left them, I stopped and asked a police officer directly traffic on how to get out of there. I had two turns and was out of the city in about 5 minutes.

    ReplyDelete