Pages

Saturday 11 February 2023

Cosy

Majorie - thank you! I know that satnavs have their uses, but sometimes a traffic police officer or someone in the know will do a much better job! That sounds like a nervewracking journey. I'm glad that you got out of there okay.

Bless - my car was always bound to have a personality lol. Father had one that he bought for £25 back in the eighties that had more personality than a lot of people. We called it Chugaboom, like the Anthill Mob in Wacky Races, and father somehow kept it going for years, back in the days when you could do a lot of the maintenance yourself. 

Today I settled in for a nice knit in the car. I called in at Tesco for some treats and then found the car park near the park. It was insanely busy as there was a park run, but I found an out of the way corner, which is what I prefer. I had a blanket that I knitted a while back over my legs and it was seriously snug. 


It was inexpensive Aldi yarn that was a percentage wool, and it made such a difference. Next week I'm going to pack another one to go around my shoulders. 

As the kiosk wasn't open, I called in at Oakwell Hall for a quick bathroom break and a walk around. I may call in next week as apparently it's free to visit now.




I wondered why this small building should be so dangerous. 



Then I looked around the back



It was lovely to just sit and knit quietly with a blanket on my knee and the relative quiet all around. It does a lot for my mental health. As I said, next week I think that I will take another blanket to put over my shoulders and I'll try out the car kettle I got last summer for perhaps a tea or an instant soup. 

I'm already looking forward to next weekend.

Hugs and good health to all. 

3 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful blanket you knitted! I looked up Oakwell Hall and it sounds like a lovely place to visit. I hope you get to go inside and tour the place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blanket is beautiful and cozy. I always keep one in the car in the winter just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've taken to knitting in my porch. The sun warms it up nicely and with a cosy rug over my knees and some soft music playing it's a lovely peaceful spot for chilling out.

    ReplyDelete