Pages

Wednesday 18 October 2023

Bear Is Poorly

For the first time in three years, bear took a day off school. Poor kid is full of cold. I never thought about Covid until I saw the comments. To be honest, I've lost track of what the symptoms are of the latest strain are. Bear just seems to have a normal cough and cold. He isn't even coughing that much but he's complaining about a sore throat. 

Anyway, first thing I headed to Tesco. I picked up some cold medicine and some Halloween decorations - I had a coupon and this had been calling to me for a while.


Bear missed out on the food tasting session as they will be finally into the new building with its own canteen next half term and today they got samples. He was sent a copy of the menu that looks pretty good so fingers crossed that it lives up to the promises. He says that he's fine to go into school tomorrow, and to be fair he's looking a lot better, but I'll keep an eye out for him. 

I've done some sorting and writing today. I've found quite a few bits that have been pushed down the back of the cupboards and I've had to throw stuff out that I really wanted to use when I bought it. Still, there's a donation pile growing so I'll be able to drop that off soon. I even got some washing done.

Writing - Today I posted a piece about avoiding bad luck here on #HazardousToYourSanity and I posted the latest chapter of Invitation Accepted here. There should be more Kane tomorrow of some sort. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

11 comments:

  1. Did bear take a Covid test? If not, I strongly recommend he takes one. My daughter didn't even have a cough (at first); all she had was a headache. I told her to check for fever and she had a temperature. Then, I told her to do a Covid check and she tested positive. She got pretty sick afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of that - it's just like an old fashioned cold. I suppose that's the direction that Covid's taking. I'll have to get some tests. He's feeling better anyway.

      Delete
    2. A test probably would still be a good idea; there has been quite an uptick in positive covid cases the past month or so (after kids got back into schools and lots of get-togethers and parades and county fairs, etc). Dawn P. Albany, GA USA

      Delete
  2. I carried on with my sorting and in one drawer found about 6 USBs (or "stick things" as I call them), Much reading of the stuff stored on them and I am keeping 2 of them - 1 has some files for a craft machine I have, and the other has a lot of random stuff including some of my Open University essays from 2006/2, bits from a writing course I attended in 2010, and some of ,my late son's writing from when he was a teenager. One of his best lines was "OB (his best friend) grew his family from a pack of frozen brussels sprouts". Now I just need to find my special pen so I can write "KEEP" on the plastic.
    I hope Bear is better soon. I had a virus a few weeks ago and people kept saying it was probably covid (I tested and it wasn't). They seem to forget that there are still an awful lot of other viruses around with similar symptoms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the usual 'cold type bug' is a lot worse since Covid hit.

      It's amazing what you find when you have a rummage. That sounds like an amazing line - so much fun and interest!

      Delete
  3. I didn't have a cough when I had Covid. It was a very sore throat, aches, fever, congestion. My son had a bit of a cough, but most of his is fever, aches and really feeling off balance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bear has picked up quite well, but it's hard to know what's what now. I think that he's got run down and caught a cold type thingy. But Covid has changed the winter bug landscape.

      Delete
  4. You are doing better than me! My decluttering started well… then…

    It’s stayed in bags in various places - but I’ve desperately tried not to look inside them in case I retrieve anything.

    Getting Jon to sort out his clothes was hard. He has plenty of clothes, but the cat holed tee shirts haven’t gone yet🙄 He said two barely worn fleeces could go as he thought they were too hot - but now even I’m debating if I should claw them back…

    They are all going to different places, but some to recycling - where on occasions we have ended up with a screw in a tyre😱

    That's my excuse for dithering…( Mary B)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Husband usually takes stuff to the tip or recycling. He goes on Sunday mornings when it's crazy busy, parking is tough and crowded but the road is empty. I go midweek when it's not so busy but the road approaching is double parked and filled with huge lorries and car transports. Trips to donate to the Salvation Army are usually fitted into the Tesco run, as they are close, and there seems to be a big turnover of stuff there that isn't overpriced so I'm happy to take things there.
      (but sometimes I come away with bargains as well so the decluttering is sort of defeated lol)

      Delete
  5. I hope Bear is now feeling much better. My 10-year-old grandson had a nasty cold and missed two days of school, unusually for him. He's been left with a hacking cough but is otherwise well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds similar to bear. He's fine now but with a bit of a cough. It's hard to remember how colds were before Covid, but I swear that they've got worse.

      Delete