Pages

Sunday 15 October 2023

I Am Never Ever Making Plans Again

I think that I must have a syndrome or something. I was looking forward to October Frights Blog Hop from 10th to 15th October, I was lining everything up, and then my tooth broke and I think that something that the dentist gave me didn't agree with me. I've not been fit for purpose since. 

Not only did I get bear in to the pick up for Alton Towers (where apparently he had a wonderful time) but I also got home without incident - and then went to sleep for hours. Then, while I wasn't really with it, I saw this video about knitting double stocking stitch or stockinette and I had to try it. I particularly wanted to make a lap blanket as my knees are cold and while I have a few shawls, the blankets are all that bit big to be comfy as I'm typing. 

However the yarn that I found to try was dark and so were the needles. 


I gave myself a headache trying to see the stitches. The unfinished project before this is using black yarn, but has light needles and is a lot easier to see.


Of course, the nature of the yarn means that I'm always at risk of knitting into the stitch below and accidentally generating fisherman's rib, but it's worth it. I'm going to dig out some better needles for the lap blanket which I could really use right now. The problem is that you're supposed to slip every alternate stitch purlwise. I keep accidentally purling. I don't suppose it matters too much. In fact, thinking about it, I may just unravel what I've done and do straight knit to get the lap blanket and go back and do fancy another time. 

Yesterday I took bear to see a gig his friend was playing at. I drove seven miles there and twenty two miles back. My satnav hates me. And if it didn't before, it does now after I ignored it. You see, I'm not familiar with the area I left bear, but I had consulted a map, engaged the satnav and set off home with confidence. Unfortunately I was radically in the wrong lane at a crucial point and so ended up nearly in Wakefield town centre which is no place for the faint hearted. I corrected my course as best as I could but found myself heading for Tingley roundabout which is also not for the fainthearted and I was already feeling frail so when I saw a sign for Dewsbury, I went! My satnav did not approve as I was actually heading away from my home and kept trying to insist on U-turns, but I headed for Dewsbury with determination because I knew how to get back from there. 

I think I need more practice at driving in unfamiliar areas.

And then I was stupid enough to read a ghost story. When I'm looking for an undemanding read, I'll go to Amazon, kindle unlimited, cosy (or cozy) paranormal mystery and look for something that sounds good. I picked up Sweet Dreams (Eternal Rest Bed and Breakfast Paranormal Cozy Mysteries Book 1) by Beth Dolgner. It's not a bad read. It's scarier than I can easily read at bedtime. When I say that it's scary, I mean that it's scary for me. I'm not good at reading scary stuff and it hit all the stuff that scares me the most. I couldn't get to sleep for ages and I was completely freaked out. I suspect that it's quite pink and fluffy compared to most horror stories, but I'm not good with horror stories at all unless I'm writing them.

Writing stuff - there have some really good posts from other authors on Hazardous To Your Sanity I've also posted the third instalment of Kane and the Haunted Hotel here. The writing of this got derailed by some research I've been doing, but more instalments should be on their way soon. I'm planning on taking Kane into a slightly more adventurous direction, whether the poor lad likes it or not, and I'd appreciate any feedback. 

And I think that's everything. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments:

  1. Well, at least you can't complain about having a boring life where nothing exciting is happening! :D Your life is an adventure! Embrace the adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, and I should embrace it with gusto!

      Delete