Pages

Friday 6 October 2023

There is a Pen Under the Carpet

Bear has assembled the desk. 


And that is an awful pic, but he's done a decent job. It's this one from IKEA and bear says that it's the perfect size. 

It took him two nights, a learning curve and some language that I'm sure he didn't want me to hear, but he did it. However, while he was doing that, he found what felt like a pen under the carpet. There's nothing much to see as it's a sort of lump in the carpet.


I may try and work out how to get the carpet up in that corner but there is currently a very heavy bookcase right next to what we think is a pen. 

I forgot to share what happened on Wednesday, which was pretty typical for here. We had booked BT to come and switch over the broadband to fancy fibre. I said that DH works from home, he relies on the internet, the installation rally either needed to be in his lunch hour or we needed to co-ordinate things so that he could take time off. The nice man agreed and told me that the engineer would ring the day before and I would be able to explain that the time slot of 12-1pm was set in stone and if he couldn't make it then we would have to rearrange.

Not only did I not get the call, but the (really lovely) engineer turned up around 8.20am, just after bear had left for school and before DH had started work. As it was, the work didn't affect DH at all and the speeds for something tripled. But I think that the poor engineer felt it was a cursed call because the normal twenty minutes install was over an hour and a half, most of it spent trying to get through to tech support and being on hold. Not only that, but as I explained all the fuss, the nice man checked and there was nothing on his notes - he hadn't been told anything at all.

Meanwhile, as the ladders were covering the kitchen door, my Tesco delivery arrived. This was the one that I had not only booked to be early and before BT was supposed to arrive but was also early for the slot. And because the ladders blocked the kitchen door, I had extra stairs to climb up and down to get the groceries away. 

Writing stuff - today's story from Kane is here

Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments:

  1. Well done assembling the desk, bear! A pen under the carpet? Hope you'll be able to get it out, one day!
    Oh, dear! Sounds like you had quite a lot going on, on Wednesday! Hope the new internet service is working well. Glad you managed to get the groceries put away and hopefully, your knees are not complaining about having to go up and down extra stairs!

    ReplyDelete