Pages

Wednesday 11 October 2023

I Can't Belive It's Only Wednesday

I took the advice of Bless and picked up some Vitamin D in a spray which will hopefully help the tiredness as I feel like I could nod off over the computer.

Today I had to go to the dentist with a broken tooth. This was an ouch and I didn't appreciate it. Especially as I'm so tired. And as I have stupid dental phobia, I wasn't fit to drive afterwards for around half an hour later and I have to have the root taken out under sedation. The dentist is awesomely lovely, I'm just silly about dentists. 

There's always something to make you smile if you keep your eyes out. Next to the dentist is a public flowerbed, no doubt run by the council, and it had the most amazingly lush rosemary in it. 


The rosemary in my garden looks like this.


They say that rosemary flourishes where the woman wears the trousers. It looks like DH is firmly in charge.

Now I need to have a nap because I'm supposed to pick bear up at 10.30-11pm but I'll be leaving the house tomorrow around 6.45am as I need to drive him to get in early for a school trip. It's an all expenses paid trip to Alton Towers but I must remember to give him some spending money. 

Then I should go and get the car washed. As I can barely get up and down stairs, I am absolutely getting someone else to wash the car. It has to be tomorrow as DH will be meeting up with some friends from abroad (who are lovely) and I want the car looking somewhat fit for purpose. I could do with picking up some fruit as well so I can add in some shopping. 

As for what is happening in the corner of the street, it looks like a car parking space with a notice saying 'no parking'. I am waiting to see what happens next.


Writing stuff - loads of writing stuff again. There are two pieces on my blog - a revisit of a spooky type of poem here and the second chapter of Kane and the Haunted House here. And  with the giveaways (that you can find at the bottom of the pieces), my ebook collection of spooky short stories Whisper in the Shadows is free until the 15th October (not sure about the cut off as it works on Amazon time). The link to the book on the UK site is here and the link to the book on the US site is here. It should be on all of the national Amazon sites so take advantage if you have any interest. 

Tomorrow should be slightly quieter

Hugs and good health to all. 



2 comments:

  1. I hope the vitamin D helps. Maybe a nap would help, too! Sorry to hear about the broken tooth and the visit to the dentist. I have dentist phobia, too (which I shouldn't have because my stepfather was a dentist!). Maybe try cutting off some of the tips of your rosemary bush to encourage it to branch out a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that the vitamin D is helping a bit but I think it's one of those things that takes time to get the full effect. Thank you for the recommendation.

      Delete