Pages

Tuesday 31 October 2023

Quiet Day

I was supposed to be going out this morning, but I didn't feel like it. I'm taking huge doses of antibiotics plus I have the lingering cold from getting the covid and flu jabs, plus I have an infection. I stayed home. 

I took bear to the dentist this afternoon. Bear went in by himself while I parked nearby in Aldi car park. I called in for some butter than I forgot yesterday. Bear's being pretty independent. He remembered to book the next appointment in six months time and he came out with a clean bill of health. He made himself dinner as well. I was quite relived as DH was having his usual pasta bake and I have to eat not less than two hours after taking the antibiotic and not less than one hour afterwards so I'm on a strange schedule. 

I need to keep up to the bird feeder. I could have sworn that the sparrows were chasing pied wagtails away this afternoon - I hadn't seen them around before!



I couldn't take a pic, and they were deep in the honeysuckle so I didn't get a clear view. Have I named the honeysuckle? It's doing a good job of spreading in inconvenient directions. Perhaps I should call it Deirdre. It produces a lot of flowers and berries, both of which are deeply appreciated by the local wildlife. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a quiet day. Well done bear, setting up his next dental appointment and preparing his own dinner! Gladys and Deirdre - they seem to go together. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that Gladys and Deirdre are partners in crime

      Delete