Pages

Monday 9 October 2023

It's Monday Again with Lots of Writing Stuff

It feels like it's another fail day, but I think I may be coming down with a cold so I'm not taking it personally. I think that we are all feeling it a little here. Bear almost overslept and came down like a hurricane. It's always fun first thing as bear hurtles past, grabs what he needs and then races out to get the bus. He doesn't do breakfast. I remember when he was at primary school I even let him have custard for breakfast in my desperation for him to have something before he started. Now I just assume that he'll pick up something on the way in for when his stomach wakes up.

I've got some washing done and some writing so it could be worse. I need to settle down and get some lists made. I should have gone shopping this morning but I didn't. That means that I go tomorrow with some stuff for the charity shop. I could do with calling in at a charity shop anyway as bear wants to go to a fancy dress party as Jack Skellington which requires him to deface a suit. He can wear some old school trousers which are black and an old shirt from school, tailoring them how he likes, but I'm not having him hack up the nice jacket that he wore to prom. Strictly speaking, it should be a tail coat but there are limits. I can have a rummage around on the racks and see if there's anything he can use. The bow tie that Jack Skellington wears looks particularly magnificent, but to buy one from Amazon costs over £15!

I also plan to do a big(ish) shop. I have a coupon for double Clubcard points, so I plan to pick up some bits for presents, some of the black china that they have to use for fancy occasions. I don't have anything except my normal day to day stuff, so picking up a couple of inexpensive pieces that can be stashed won't hurt. As I have no other pics to share, here's a pick where I'm using the three black dishes that I picked up.


The jugs are something different that I got from eBay. I think I'll also pick up some stuff towards Christmas but I don't plan to go too crazy. I seem to get these 'double points' coupons regularly so I'm not going to try and add everything, just be a little strategic about it. Of course, I could do with adding the frozen stuff which I think is still 4 for the price of 3. I want to load up with things like frozen diced chicken which I use most weeks. 

Writing stuff - There is a lot of writing stuff. Starting at the top, there's today's story from Kane with a mischievous spirit of a cat here. Yesterday's Kane ghost story is about a ghost stalker and is here. Then this week's instalment for the Invitation Accepted serial is here. It's starting to look a little scary. And there is also my contribution to Hazardous To Your Sanity which is a short piece about the spirits known as White Ladies and a story from Wales here

Unfortunately, the piece for Hazardous to Your Sanity sort of inspired me. This means that the story for tomorrow is about to get a serious re-writing. Tomorrow is the start of the October Frights Blog Hop, which I do every year. 


In theory, they'll be a new story from Kane spanning the six days of the blog hop, but we'll see where the new inspiration takes me. Not only that, but there are give aways, offers and all sorts of fun on a swathe of different blogs. It's likely to get a little busy under the writing stuff heading for the next few days.

Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a good day to me, with laundry done and some writing accomplished as well. I do hope that you recover from that cold and feel better, soon. I like your black dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the hug - it's so much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete