Pages

Sunday 29 December 2013

Christmas Cards

I have been dithering over Christmas Cards and looking on ebay (my friend).

I blame the late hour, the overload of sugar, the vast quantity of Cointreau and general distracted situation but I think I have made a slight error.  You see, I was pottering through the 'auction' and 'Christmas Card' parts of ebay and I started putting in minimum bids.  Don't get me wrong, the bids were extremely minimal even including postage but I wasn't keeping track.  Besides, I need some Christmas cards.

This morning I checked my email account, realised the awful truth and wanted to hide away.  If I win every auction I will end up with seven hundred Christmas cards.  I can't store 700 Christmas cards. It will take me years and years to use up 700 Christmas cards.  They will be cards at an extremely economical price, but I don't need that many cards, not in any context.  I am praying I get outbid over the next few days.

I am beginning to think that ebay is not a good friend.

1 comment:

  1. I bought quite a lot of Christmas cards from a charity shop which was closing down because of flood damage, and we were invited to fill a bag for £1. I filled several bags with Christmas cards. At best guess, that was about 12 years ago. I admit that the stash has been supplemented on occasion, but we are just coming to the end of it now. We'll probably be done with it in 2014. I didn't buy anywhere near 700. I sincerely hope you DON'T win all the auctions!! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete