Pages

Tuesday 17 December 2013

Pity Party

I'm having a big one.  I was logging in and thinking where to start.

Then I thought, I have lots of good things.  I have enjoyed the sunshine today, spoken to nice people at the playground, at least bought the cards (dear heaven, how much), decided on how I could rearrange the kitchen for maximum help and minimum outlay (though still stuck with broken cupboards and drawers - they just add character!) and actually had a lunch from the sandwich shop.  I never normally have a lunch from the sandwich shop.

Last night we watched a clip from YouTube on the tv that clever DH won at work and we all laughed at the Morecambe and Wise sketch with Andre Previn - linky here for those who also remember 'Grieg's Piano Concerto by Grieg'.

I am in a warm house and not worried about the heating bills (though I am going round unplugging things and not putting the heating on, we can certainly manage if it gets colder).  I may be tearing my hair out about the cost of bear's Christmas present, but actually we can cover it.  There is more than enough food coming in and plenty of drink.  Father has just brought me in a bottle of Cointreau and I am pitifully grateful.

DH's health scare has passed, Father is looking better than ever and Uncle is a lot better than he was, though still confused.  Bear is an enduring delight.  Actually, life is good.

Also I don't have to iron uniform for bear tomorrow as it's go in his own clothes tomorrow and he has a new outfit (and there is money for bear's clothes).  And my back that has been really bad is a lot better.

Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment