Pages

Tuesday 14 April 2020

A Nice Cup of Tea

gray stainless steel spoon
Picture from Unsplash, taken by Alice Pasqual

I spent a ridiculous amount of money at Twinings on tea - for me at least. They had an advent calendar that was half price and they did assortments, so I got a few different bits. I thought it would be a good idea to share some ideas about tea with bear and give him a chance to try a few different varieties. We normally have fizzy pop or flavoured water here, and DH sometimes has coffee. I like tea, but sometimes black tea makes me sick, so I have to treat with some caution.

Bear wanted to start with Mighty Assam, so we took one of the fancy pyramid 'loose' teas that came with the advent calendar and we had it with rice milk. Bear was entranced. I was quite impressed as it was indeed mighty and packed a full flavoured punch. I currently have a slight tummy ache, but fingers crossed I will be fine.

This evening, after a makeshift dinner, we had camomile, which was very nice. Bear is now happy to work his way through the assortment of fruit teas with the smattering of black and green teas in there, and it gives him something to think about. There are limited things we can do at the moment, and this investment in tea will hopefully keep him interested. I've warned him that it is likely to be standard stuff we can find in Tesco going forward, with the occasional splash, but that's okay. He has started a spread sheet. I didn't take pics, but I found a pic on Unsplash that I suspect may hold an idea of where bear's interest may take him.

To be honest, I was glad of the camomile tea. Today has been something of a loss. I arranged for someone to take away a large amount of bin bags from the garden. That part was dealt with really easily. However they said they would ring me so that I could pay on the phone. I have been hanging around all day waiting for the call and found myself unable to get on with anything, including writing the story for this week's writing challenge.

While I was hanging around, I noticed that Scottish Power was answering questions on Facebook, so I messaged them, they messaged me back (sounding bewildered) and asked me to ring a number to find out why my boiler care was cancelled. I rang the number, and the call went on for some time.

No-one can work out why my boiler care was cancelled. It's confused everyone I've spoken to. I have been in touch with lovely people from Domestic and General and Scottish Power who have been pleasant, polite and completely baffled. No-one knows what has happened.

Eventually they said that the account was reinstated but that I wasn't covered for the next thirty days. I pointed out it wasn't my fault that the account was cancelled. They put me on hold for quite a while as they moved mountains, and between them put notes all over my account and everything should be fine if anything happens to my boiler. By the time I had finished, I was bewildered, mentally exhausted and convinced that my account is haunted. At least, if it isn't haunted, that's the most interesting explanation. Things keep happening to it, and no-one knows why.

Tomorrow I will hopefully pay the people who took away my rubbish and get some work done.

Hugs and good health to all.

1 comment:

  1. My daughter likes to try out different types of tea. But, I prefer black tea and my current favorite is an extra strength black tea from Sri Lanka. :)

    ReplyDelete