Pages

Thursday 16 April 2020

I Hate Tea

Normal tea, black tea, doesn't agree with me all the time and currently I am feeling full of grumbles about it. I have a stonking headache and tummy ache and a serious craving for biscuits which I can't have. Bear, on the other hand, can't get enough of the dratted stuff. I'm leaving him to it.

Today was a day of deliveries. I didn't organise it well, as they could have been stretched out, but we had a huge box of fruit from a delivery service which I suspect is new, and a fruit and veg box with chicken breasts and eggs from a fancy sandwich shop, along with some fancy salads. The fruit from the fruit box was excellent quality and the sandwich shop delivery, excluding today's salads, will probably do four meals with top quality food.

Having seen the stuff that you can get via the market, I don't know that I will ever go back to supermarket fruit and veg, especially now I can drive to places. The quality has been amazing. I'm also going to be calling around the farm shops. Tonight we had an excellent soup followed by some really fragrant strawberries. I never think to buy strawberries, and the ones in the supermarkets all look a little sad, but these were luscious.

I can go out from Monday but I don't know what to do for the best. On the one hand, I want to support smaller businesses. On the other hand, I'm not supposed to travel unnecessarily. I may have to get a route made. I really want to visit a farm shop, and I would also like some stuff that I can only get from Aldi and Tesco. I'd love to visit a proper bakers as well, but I don't know anywhere near so that's going to be out.

I'm still completely failing at the lace baby blanket. I may have to rethink my strategy.

Hugs and good health to all.

1 comment:

  1. Decisions, decisions on the food. Food is an essential but like you say we are told not to travel unnecessarily. Perhaps a planned route is the best way to go. I have just been shopping at one place, but sometimes they are out of something completely and I just have to make do. I might go to a couple of different places next week.

    I don't like tea either. Not of any kind. People assume because I'm English that I like tea. I used to be able to drink it but when I was a teen I got glandular fever and after that I couldn't touch it!

    ReplyDelete