Pages

Wednesday 15 April 2020

More Tea

Tea continues. Bless - I'm afraid I like my tea weak, but bear is tackling the teas head on and doesn't seem afraid of the stronger ones. He drank the Assam much stronger than I would.

Bear approves of the Chai, though he is a little wary, but is unimpressed with the buttermint and utterly rejects the strawberry and mango, though I think if that was brewed a little weaker he would find it okay. He utterly adores the expensive version of camomile tea, so I am hoping he will also accept Tesco's version. I am sticking to the chai.

Today's win was definitely dinner. Last week I got in two fruit and veg boxes and I have two onions, four apples, some garlic and some ginger left. I'm watching the fresh food in the house like a hawk and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Tomorrow I will use the apples up in a crumble.

Tonight we finished off the cauliflower and the potatoes. I found a recipe for roasted cauliflower with garlic, which the men thoroughly enjoyed, and I cubed the potatoes and stirred them into some oil and put in the microwave for twenty minutes. They were red potatoes, so I wasn't going to try putting them in mash, and the cubes were pretty small and they tasted really nice, very soft and melting. For the protein I used some chicken breasts from the freezer and cooked them in the oven with a jar of pasta bake sauce. I think I will try something different next time, perhaps with a stock based sauce, but the men enjoyed it. I have a few of the pasta sauce jars in because I stocked up before Christmas when I was worried about the weather. I didn't really do much in the way of stockpiling before the lockdown. My shopping habits have led to stocked cupboards anyway, so I didn't need to. I did make sure I had plenty of garlic, stock cubes and spices, though. I thought that with them I could cover quite a lot.

Writing stuff - I finally got the response to the writing challenge finished and it is here. As a side note, I have a steampunk novel coming out in July and I'm just about to sign a contract for three more books with the same publisher, two more steampunk novels and a medieval fantasy story. I've spoken to them (they are really awesome people) and they are fine with me publishing stories about the White Hart and Forgotten Village independently, and I've written around a thousand words on one of those today. I'll keep you updated.

Hugs and good health to all.

1 comment:

  1. I hope bear continues to enjoy trying out different teas. Hope you are all keeping well. :)

    ReplyDelete