Pages

Wednesday 29 April 2020

Nice but Odd

My neighbour to the side is lovely and quiet. I hardly hear them. I think that they are from somewhere in Northern Europe, but never felt the need to ask where. Last night was 'get the bins out late so that they can be collected at stupid early o'clock by the binmen tomorrow' night. For various reasons, next door has a double bin, so had got away with forgetting it for the last month, but the bins were looking somewhat crammed with rubbish.

I took our bin to the pick up point, then filled next door but one's bin with some of our overflow (house is empty) and then looked at the bins for next door. I didn't feel it would be appropriate to just take them and wheel them to the point. What if I gave them the virus? I'm pretty sure I couldn't, but it could worry them. So I knocked on their door. There was a pause. I knocked again, and as I was peering at one of the upstairs rooms, the kitchen light came on and, without a soul showing their face, the blind edged slowly down like a comedy prop. I waited for a moment, then went back into the house.

To be fair to them, the previous occupants said all sorts about me so they may be a little nervous. My point of view is that if all they do is hide behind a blind, they can stay as long as they like - lovely and quiet with no nuisance! They took the bins around later themselves, which made me feel a little better as I was worried about how they would go on.

Bear had fun today. I bought a hand pumped pressure sprayer. It sprays at a reasonable pressure, but isn't one of those fancy ones that are plugged in. Instead you pump away like a stirrup pump. I plan to use it for weedkiller, watering (after washing well) and washing the cars. Today we were working out how to use it and bear happily sprayed it everywhere. It took a little working out as the only instructions were some vague illustrations on the side and bits came out or stuck depending on whether things were locked down or not when twisted. The whole procedure got bear and I thoroughly dampened around the edges. Some school work may have also occurred, but I can't

I made the second shopping trip of the week early as I had failed with Monday's shopping on an epic scale, so I included some very nice caramelised onion burgers from Aldi in the shop and we had those for dinner with peas and potatoes - a lovely, easy dinner. Tomorrow is likely to be soup. I don't plan to go out again now until next Monday, which seems like a long time. However we have plenty of stuff in, and we can all keep each other company.

Hugs and good health to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment