Pages

Monday 20 April 2020

I Drove to the Shops

Bless - I'm really sorry but I managed to accidentally delete your kind comments. I want to tell you, though, that I'm really sorry and I feel hugged.

Today I drove to the shop, bought a considerable amount of extras as well as the main food, and came home without much incident.

I'm so rusty at driving. It was so much harder, almost as if I had gone back to just after I passed my test. I was a lot more cautious and careful. Thank goodness the roads were practically empty. I drove past IKEA at 6pm (I waited until I knew it would be quiet) and there was no traffic. Normally it would be a solid queue. It's very unnerving. I also got outwitted by the one way system in the supermarkets.

I called in at Aldi and Tesco. I bought the men's favourite flavoured water, some fancy tea bags for bear, a large quantity of fruit, some meat, some yarn that was my grandmother's favourite colour and a vast quantity of treats. I could have managed with about half of the contents of the trolley, but it was nice to pick up some stuff.

Red definitely needed the run. The poor little car likes a decent drive and the run to Tesco and back would hardly scratch the surface. She was not a happy car, and felt very sluggish. Mind you, I had booked her in for a service and MOT before this started, and we had to cancel. I must get her booked back in soon. I'm tempted to go the long way around to shops, or to go to shops that are a long way away, but I'm being sensible for once, at least about the driving. I'm just going to my usual places using familiar routes.

Bear is considering starting a YouTube channel, but I don't think I'll be allowed to share it as he would like to stay relatively anonymous. It's keeping him distracted. It would be nice if he was distracted by his school work but I gave up on that mid morning.

Writing stuff - this week's writing challenge is here.

Hugs and good health to all.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to get to the shops. I must admit that I will miss how dead the roads are once everyone is back to work. It's really nice being able to pull out of our road without having to try to catch a space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, no problem with deleting the comments, Lyssa. :) Glad you got to do a grocery run! I need to get the car out of the garage and take it for a little bit of a drive before things get stuck in place!

    ReplyDelete