Pages

Wednesday 8 April 2020

Feeling the Fail

I've just accidentally deleted a lovely comment from wherethejourneytakesme - thank you for the kind thought and I'm sorry that I managed to delete it.

I feel like I ought to be better at the whole business of getting through a lockdown. DH is quite poorly now, although bear is a lot better (and seems to have grown a couple of inches). This resets the isolation. I'm more worried about DH than staying in, but it would be easier if I was able to go shopping for bits to tempt him.

I have some deliveries due. One, which is due tomorrow, is a veg box from a sandwich shop.

Tip on Getting Deliveries - if you go onto Google Maps, and look under the search bar, there is now a button that says 'Delivery' which shows places that should still be delivering, although you have to check. I get slightly different results on my laptop and on my phone. I found the sandwich shop, that also has the veg boxes, and the lunches from there look very pleasant indeed, and if the lockdown continues I may suggest them as a once-a-week treat.

Another tip is to think sideways. Normally I'm very good at this, but I'm failing a little at the moment. However I'm getting a delivery of chocolate biscuits from the stationery company, Viking. I've bought printer paper from them before now, but remembered that they also do office catering stuff. They have tea and coffee for sale as well, I think, but there was a truly awesome sale of coffee not so long ago when I completely committed, and we don't drink much black tea.

Although that does lead me to the delivery of tea from Twinings that should be here sometime this month, as I thought it would be fun to try some teas out with bear, especially if it gives him something other than rubik's cubes to obsess about. I have no idea when that will come.

And as soon as I can go out, I'm definitely going to go around the farm shops. They are far more interesting than Tescos.

Mind you, we're not too bad. We have plenty of coffee, as I said, some useful tins, an overloaded freezer and I'm not afraid to google. I am counting my blessings.

Today's daily briefing included support for charities. I am sure that there are all sorts of bits of politics and economics and sociology intertwined, but I feel a little reassured, and I know that the email I had recently from Tesco said that the company were committed to supporting Foodbanks. I will keep an eye out to see what I can do, especially once everyone is a little better.

Hugs and good health to all.

5 comments:

  1. I can feel your concern - it is worrying when your family are not well - I hope bear continues to get better each day now and DH starts to show signs of improvement. The problem with this virus is that you never know which way it is going to go in any one individual - there is such a wide difference of symptoms and their severity. Keep safe and lots of hugs. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip about 'delivery' on Google maps. I didn't know that and it's going to be very useful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't sound like a fail at all to me. I haven't been shopping at all, my husband good as I just can't face anything at the moment, haven't even looked online for deliveries, (my husband is out everyday at work anyway) keep thinking I will bake stuff, but never seem to motivate myself to doing it ☹️ on a positive note, we're lucky enough to have a small garden so have been spending a lot of time outdoors as the weather has been so nice. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. im having to get stuff delivered where i can , but did feel a lot of guilt at the box that came yesterday it was a 100l bag of compressed compost , it nearly crippled the poor van driver

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope both your husband and bear feel better, soon!

    ReplyDelete