Pages

Sunday 12 April 2020

Happy Easter!

It's been another unremarkable day, which is wonderful. We have all been well. Bear despises the taste of Easter Eggs, so instead had a donation towards an online game. Steam is an online thingy where you can buy and play games. I vaguely dabbled a few years ago, but bear and DH sometimes get some games. They had a Lego video game on sale so bear picked up a game for a third of its normal price and has been happily immersed in it all day. I'm not complaining too much. Tomorrow we have a family afternoon planned, which will be nice.

Yesterday I was muttering about that circular blanket. I caved and tried it and utterly failed. I could not 'click' with the short row stuff, so I've given up and I'm trying a rectangular blanket from YouTube. I'll let you know how I get on. I'll be carrying on with the plainer blanket to donate, though, when I'm watching films with the guys.

Dinner was a very nice casserole, though I say so myself, and the men devoured it. I'm getting to the end of the veg box. I have potatoes and cauliflower left now. Tomorrow I think I will use one of the 'ready to roast' chicken breast joints that have been languishing in the freezer for far too long, and see what I can come up with for the cauliflower and potato.

I really miss driving. I think that when the lock down ends I shall probably put a thousand miles on Red in the first week! I will need to do a lot of runs in familiar places, just to get the hang of driving again. According to the rules, as no-one has symptoms, DH can go out from tomorrow and I can go out from next Monday. We can certainly manage without a proper shop until I get going, as it is cruelty to DH to send him into supermarkets, even in normal times, but then I will be going out maybe once a week. It depends how long I can make fresh fruit last. I will also be being a good girl and going to my usual shops, with perhaps occasional diversions to farm shops, but the whole issue of bread and fresh fruit concerns me. Everything else that we use I can get frozen, tinned or packaged in a way that will last a month, but not those. It won't be a bad thing for us to adjust a little, though, and it is better than risking lives. To be honest, it's made me a lot more mindful of our food and that has to be a good thing.

Hugs and good health to all. 

3 comments:

  1. Happy Easter to you and your family. Glad to hear that you are all doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched a You Tube on those short row thingies and knew it was beyond my capabilities - but well done for trying that is a step further than I got. Glad to hear all is well now - you will be glad to get out of the four walls for some fresh air as well as food.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're all doing better! I think once this is done I shall be taking my car out and just drive around meandering and stopping for a day stopping where I please and taking photographs all along the route. I was just getting brave (after the long winter) and boom! It's really quite windy today and usually I'd be taking a drive to the lakeshore for some lighthouse wavy photos but have decided I probably shouldn't so am staying home instead.

    ReplyDelete