Pages

Saturday 11 April 2020

Dratted Honeysuckle

It is a very minor issue in the whole world at the moment, but it's the one I'm dealing with today.

Every year I decide I am going to to get rid of the dratted honeysuckle who only gives me two flowers and three leaves. Every year the dratted thing starts with a flourish and I decide to keep it as I am a sucker for honeysuckle. Every year we get to May and I'm back to two flowers and three dratted leaves. It gets me every time.

Last year may have been due to issues with the neighbours, as I've noticed quite a bit of minor vandalism, but I've tied the railing back up and I've put a line in for the dratted thing to grow along. I took this photo as I went to take something to the bin.


The dratted thing has been here for over five years, and this is the most leaves I've ever seen - in fact, possibly more leaves than the rest of the years put together! I am going to be starting on the garden next week, but I plan to do it in the early morning, before there are many passing.

For those who have Amazon Prime, it may be worth having another check at the films and shows that are free to Prime members on there. I'm sure there are a lot more than there were. I watched 'The Spy Next Door' with Jackie Chan last night, and very entertaining it was as well. I suspect a few films are getting to early release on places like Amazon as well. I was watching out for Jumanji, the Next Level and it was due to be released to buy in June, but it's available now.

Deramores have, unfortunately, many free patterns on their website. You can get the free digital download or you can pay and get the kit which includes the pattern of the yarn. They are an incredible temptation. I found a pattern for a round baby blanket - the Roundabout Baby Blanket - and I'm very tempted. I have a gazillion and four projects started already, and I really don't fancy sewing it up, and I don't have any baby yarn in, but I do have some rather thick looking space-dyed four ply that isn't earmarked for anything particular, and I could just leave it unsewn and treat it like a shawl, and I've never tried short rows like this and it looks fun, and if I use the four ply then I wouldn't have to change colours and I could do with something like this to cheer me up...

Everyone is doing well here as I type. I'm praying for those on the front line. While I witter on about knitting and honeysuckle, I'm aware that they are very much footnotes at the moment.

Hugs and good health to all.

3 comments:

  1. Your plant looks good! Hope you, your husband, and bear continue to be well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed for the honeysuckle - maybe this year will be the year!

    It's the little things that keep us going whether knitting, reading or some other crafty pursuit. My mum was really pleased that my sister was able to find her some yarn so she could at least have something other to do than read and sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just pruned our honeysuckle today it was wandering next door and it is a good four feet away from the fence! So much to pray about in these difficult days, reading about normal life of knitting and honeysuckle does help to stop the worrying thoughts after listening to the news all day. Stay safe and hope all at your house are improving x

    ReplyDelete