Pages

Tuesday 28 April 2020

Banana Bread Achieved

Image may contain: food and indoor

I used up some elderly bananas. The trouble with fruit and veg boxes is that there are always stragglers. The men enjoyed it thoroughly. Half has gone and I don't expect the rest to last long. It isn't terribly healthy, but at least there is fruit. I got the recipe from the BBC (here) Next time I would add some extra spice, or perhaps some sultanas. 

The main course tonight was chicken and rice salad again, by request. I was suggesting a casserole or pasta, but rice salad was definitely wanted, despite it getting colder. I used dried minced onion on the chicken, almost like a breadcrumb, and it really helped. I think I got the onion from Approved Foods, but the label said Just Ingredients, so I'm planning to dip into their website for some goodies. It isn't dirt cheap (when not on Approved Food) but we are actually saving quite a bit of money, at least in petrol if nothing else. 

Today I have had the washer and dryer going non-stop as I got basic washing out of the way before starting to strip down bear's room. Between coaxing bear and a bad back, I feel like I haven't achieved much, but I'll start again tomorrow. Tonight is set aside for a family night where we can relax and hang out. 

Writing stuff - I managed at least to write this as my response to this week's writing challenge.

Hugs and good health to all



2 comments:

  1. I love Banana Bread. I have a really great recipe that uses buttermilk in it but it's not always easy to find. I have been getting bananas but they've been getting eaten as I can't nip to the shops to buy other fruit during the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try putting Some chocolate chips in the banana bread. My crew loves it.

    ReplyDelete