Pages

Sunday 23 August 2020

Losing Track

I forgot it was Sunday. I've done quite well over the last few months, and on the whole I've kept track of things, but today it completely passed me by. Partly, I think, because DH is on holiday and up until now we still had the structure of his work. 

I worked on some writing stuff in the morning, then I spent the afternoon with the men. They were playing some very silly computer games and having a great time. I was knitting in the background, but chipping in now and again. It was great.

I had a moment when it came to dinner. I am failing at cooking, and had planned to add a jar of korma sauce to some frozen chicken, onion and peas. I could not find that jar anywhere. I checked all the cupboards, looked under, behind and around every inch of the kitchen before giving up and putting a tikka masala sauce in. As I stood up from putting the chicken in the oven, I looked straight at the jar of korma sauce that I had put on top of the fridge to make sure I could find it. I learned two things. One is that I shouldn't rely on remembering where I put something I would need later, like the obvious spot, and instead just have put it in the cupboard. The other is that I need to cook better.

Writing stuff - I got a couple of really awesome reviews on Tome Tender (who are lovely) and on Rosie Amber who co-ordinates some amazing reviews and adds extra art work - it looks so beautiful that I feel very unworthy. 

I feel quite smug about the good reviews, and while I don't think it will last, it's a great incentive for me to keep writing.

Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day with husband and Bear.

    The dinner thing sounds like something I'd do. At least (maybe) next time you'll know where it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was laughing about the jar of sauce because it sounds like something I would do! :)

    ReplyDelete