Pages

Thursday 20 August 2020

Not Even the Weekend

 Some writing stuff happened and I ended up in tears. It took me by surprise, but I have had so much going on with all sorts of different things that I guess it was overdue. I shouldn't have driven afterwards, though. I mean, I was safe enough and I wasn't crying while driving. I just misjudged a crossroads, missed a right turn and got lost. I didn't just get lost, though. I got LOST! I got lost on a scale so epic that it could be seen from space. I took an hour and a half to do a journey that should have taken twenty minutes. When it comes to getting lost, I was so far out of it I couldn't find first prize. It was awesome and just what I needed.

Eileen - I've had a few technical issues with 'Deepest Desire' and unfortunately issues are continuing. It's only a short novella, around 9k words (Out of the London Mist is around 55k). I don't feel that comfortable charging the minimum price for it, which is currently around 80p here. It's on KDP so you can read it for free if you are on that, or you can get a review copy on Booksprout for free here  https://booksprout.co/arc/40739/deepest-desire

I think you would have to join Booksprout, but it's free. I've set the thingy to last until the end of September. I think you are expected to leave a review, but I'm not stressing about that. 

Or, if you wait until this time next week, I should be able to set the price to free.

Thank you for taking an interest. I feel so hugged by all the positive feedback and I'm really grateful.

I'm planning a very easy dinner and an early night. Hugs to all. 

1 comment:

  1. I feel for you with your navigation issues. I have no sense of direction and automatically switch off if going somewhere with someone else. So I have found myself in a situation where I've walked to someone's house a dozen times in company, but have no idea of where to go if I have to do it alone. Easily distracted, my husband would say. I inherited my lack of homing instinct from my mother, who was a great driver but a terrible navigator. We had a clothing factory and she would often take me along when she had to deliver cut up garments to 'pieceworkers' to be sewn up. They lived all over the county (Nottinghamshire) and in theory she knew where we had to go. In theory…
    We would often be driving along and she'd enquire 'Do you know where we are yet?', as though quizzing me. I usually didn't. As I got a little older I realised neither did she, and she was hoping I'd give her a clue, as I often went on the same errand with my father. As I got older she gave up the pretense and would just say 'Huh, neither do I. But no need to panic, if I keep driving I'll come to something we'll recognise.' That was my cue to study the view and look for clues. And we did find our way back in the end... but there were some awfully long drives! So you're not the only one. I'm nowhere near brave enough to drive myself and I still get lost on foot even in my small town. Google maps is a godsend!

    ReplyDelete