Pages

Thursday 30 March 2023

It's Been a Day

Bless - thank you. I'm not sure what they'll be, but I'll keep an eye out.

Eileen - tomorrow is the last day of term but he has three days of extra, voluntary, free revision with the maths college next week which means that I will be going along the ring road at rush hour when it's like the Wild West. It is grid lock along that route in the morning. I know because I pass it going the other way. But after that we get a break. 

Bear and I dragged ourselves out of the house a little earlier and called in at Tesco for him to pick up pens. They didn't have the paper he wanted, but I can sort that out later. He was still in time for early morning drama (the lesson, not the normal teenage behaviour), and won a headmaster's award which took up his break (I still haven't found out the details of that as he only mentioned it in passing when he complained about missing break) then extra English lessons during lunch, and now finally he's doing extra maths with the maths college upstairs. 

I didn't go for a walk because I was determined to get the new covers and formatting out for the White Hart books, and that is what I did this morning. The covers are extremely similar, but I think that they look fine. The paperbacks are still in the process of formatting, but should pop up soon. 


And I posted some links to Digging up the Past on Reddit for the free promotion. At this point, my brain is not fully functional. I do not do formatting well. 

I also got a parking ticket. I absolutely did not approve of this. According to the letter, I drove into Tesco car park at 8.03 and left at 14.26. This would be somewhat excessive, even for me. What happened was that I called into Tesco after drop off for a few minutes and went home. Then I called in again on the way to pick up. I was probably just getting a few bits. They got me coming in on the morning visit and leaving in the afternoon. So I challenged it with screen shots of that day's Google maps, which showed that I drove 36 miles on a very minimal day.

And then I cancelled the BT sports package, because I never get a chance to watch it.

Tomorrow I plan to do more walking. I think it's really good for me.

Hugs and good health to all.  

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very busy day! Congratulations to bear for winning the headmaster's award! Of course he would only mention it in passing! LOL.
    Sorry about your parking ticket - glad you were able to challenge them on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You both deserve a long rest when Bear's exams are finally over and when you have completed the formatting of your books etc.

    I hope you can get the parking ticket mix-up sorted out. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cover!

    Grrr... sorry about the parking ticket. How ridiculous! I can't believe they would do that. I hope you get it sorted out.

    ReplyDelete