Pages

Sunday 23 December 2018

A Tesco Fail

The Tesco delivery was not good.  First off, it was the only Tesco delivery guy I don't like.  He's difficult to deal with and is particularly weird with substitutions as he makes them as complicated to understand as possible and won't let you see the sheet that has them on.  There were a lot of substitutions and most of them had to go back.  I wasn't impressed.  Tesco rarely let me down, but they did today. 

The main issue was brandy butter.  They substituted Christmas pudding with chocolate cake, and small chocolates for big chocolates, but I could deal with all those.  But I had already re-jigged my order to get brandy butter and they didn't have any.  Fortunately I went out for a coffee later and went past a relatively quiet small branch of Tesco and picked up a tub there, so I don't have to go out tomorrow. 

Iceland were pretty awesome and I think I'll use them again.  They stock mainly frozen food, but they have some great deals on household stuff.  They are short on gluten free stuff, though. 

So now my house is so full of food that it can barely breathe.  I had to do some serious re-arranging in the freezer which barely shuts and the fridge is barely managing.  Freezers do better when they are full, but fridges need air to circulate so tomorrow I'm planning on emptying the fridge and sorting everything out. 

Tomorrow I plan to be busy.  I need room to wrap presents, I need to get the kitchen ready for Christmas dinner and I need to have space for some sanity, which is currently in short supply. 

Sending hugs to everyone!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete