Pages

Monday 24 December 2018

Christmas Eve

I'm writing just after a snack dinner.  It's been a quiet day, and I'm all for it being quiet.  We are soon off for a last bedtime before Christmas, as we have a long chapter from 'A Hat Full of Sky' and then I come down and start wrapping. 

I've already done the usual as bear and his pal had their pizza upstairs.  I have taken all the different presents and split them into Christmas, birthday and stocking.  This year there are more books than toys, nothing electronic, so no phone (though he needs a new one) and no computer games, but models and quiz books with a few bits of art supplies.  I'm particularly pleased with the shark ruler which, if I remember correctly, was extremely inexpensive, but looks a lot of fun.  It was one of many bits which came from the supermarket.

The big change this year is that most of his presents are new.  I picked up a few second hand books, and a gently used Doctor Who figure, but that was it.  In the past I have found a lot more second hand supplies.  I got a lot at a discount, or used codes, or went to places like The Works or The Book People, so I spent a lot less than it looks like (thank goodness!).  We are in the very fortunate position that we can buy a heap of books and goodies and I am grateful.  Bear will do very well. 

After bear is safely and allegedly asleep, I will be settling down with Carols and wrapping paper to make a start.  I may be in there some time!  If I don't post tomorrow, I sincerely and truly wish everyone reading a wonderful time with lots of hugs, good vibes and cheer.  Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete