Pages

Wednesday 19 December 2018

I Went Out Again

Actually, I went to the dentist, fell apart for just a check up and slunk home, but it could be a lot worse.

I got into Morley quite early so had a very brief look around.  The market is amazing.  I'm not referring to the stalls, though they look quite good, but the market seems to be laid out as a maze.  You followed a path between stalls that twisted and turned and branched unexpectedly.  I didn't have enough time to look properly, and had strength of will to push past the yarn shop which looked incredibly reasonable.  I'm definitely going to have to have a day out there soon.

I've been finding a lot of places that I should have realised were awesome recently.  I have been to Morley due to the (very nice and patient) dentist, and because of bear's school and my driving lessons I've been through Dewsbury, Batley, Heckmondwike, Cleckheaton and Birstall - all of which look very intriguing with plenty of good charity shops.  They are relatively easy to get to on the bus and hopefully I'll be able drive there soon, perhaps within the next six months.  All I need to do is get out.

Then I came back and picked up some wooden sticks from a craft shop in town for bear as apparently he needs to make a castle over Christmas.  I think DH may be persuaded to oversee it.  I can think of better things to do over the Christmas break than fiddle with glue and cardboard, but I suppose it, like food tech, had to happen. 

Justjill - I think frozen fruit is definitely worth a punt.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete