Pages

Tuesday 4 December 2018

Bad Driving Lesson

It was not a good driving lesson.  I kept forgetting my mirrors (I'm normally very good about that), I stalled in the middle of a junction when someone let me out and, on the theme of junctions, I showed 'undue hesitation' and didn't go when I could have when exiting a junction.  There was one exception.  I came to the junction to turn left, everything was clear, I was in the right gear, there were no problems, no oncoming traffic and I swept out like a boss without hesitation.  Unfortunately it was a 'Stop Junction' and I completely failed to fully stop.  Darn it to heck.  I even got into the wrong lane of the roundabout coming back and ended up going around and around.

Bear didn't help.  I paid out for a rather nice, relatively expensive, 3D smartie advent calendar.  I am old enough to remember when it was just pics behind the little doors, not chocolates.  Bear is disdainful because it's 'just smarties'.  I am not terribly impressed by him. 

Writing stuff - I'm having a fail at the editing, but I'm keeping going.  However, the 12 Days of Indie continues, link here, with a thriller, a murder mystery and some awesome sci fi as well as a nod to the Glass and Ashes anthology. 

While I am at it, I thought I would link again to the awesome YouTube trailer for 'The Dark Archer' by Robert Cano.  I just think it's beautiful.  


1 comment: