Pages

Friday 22 January 2021

Another Quiet Day

It's been wonderfully, wonderfully quiet. Well, for a given value of quiet.

Bear broke his desk drawer during a drama lesson. The desk was incredibly inexpensive to start with, and I think we bought it when he was in primary school. Then the drawer was recently overfilled when bear reorganised his room. It didn't stand a chance.

I was clearing out a set of three drawers next to my chair and found dozens and dozens of pairs of nail scissors and twenty pencil sharpeners. As bear is learning from home, he isn't losing sharpeners at the same rate, so these may last for a while. As for the scissors, I don't think that they're very good, as I had a phase where I couldn't find decent nail scissors for love nor money and kept trying to replace them. I'll test a few out and see how they cut. 

Thank you to everyone who has bought my book. I'm incredibly grateful. I never take readers for granted.

Hugs and good health to all.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on getting your second novel published - harder than getting a first one in print I would have thought. I'm afraid steam punk is not my kind of SF/fantasy but I'm sure people who are knowledgeable about the genre are enjoying it even now.
    I had a delivery from Delifresh this week that was a bit of a mixed bag. A few items were crushed (unfortunately the tomatoes, which then got all over everything in that particular box) while others were really carefully packed, and a number weren't at all fresh, including leeks, beansprouts and a celeriac going slimey/with mould on them. But alongside we got some beautifully fresh produce.
    I suspect there are under pressure with Covid orders - like mine, to be fair - and perhaps their standards have slipped a little. I'll go to them for more unusual ingredients, because where else can you get fresh turmeric, galangal, salsify, artichokes etc so easily but I don't really want to rely on them for day to day fruit and veg.
    Inspired by all you productive bloggers I'm determined to reorganise my bedroom draws today and get like things together rather than having a few art supplies in 4 draws, a couple of Christmas decorations tucked in among the stationery and so on. Onwards and upwards! Have you started a 3rd book yet?

    ReplyDelete