Pages

Sunday 3 January 2021

Waiting

Fifitr - I have the tip run tomorrow and bear has been unrelenting. My car is stuffed. I will be inching along, terrified of stopping suddenly and having bags of kid's tat walloping into me from behind. There is still a roomful of black bin bags. There doesn't seem to be another slot going this week, either. Skips are looking incredibly attractive.

Wherethejourneytakesme - I like the idea of the clear out and feel that as soon as bear's bags go, there will be some of mine joining them. 

I'm waiting to find out what is happening with bear's school. I have a feeling that the headmaster is also wondering what on earth is going to happen. We have been told to get particular tests, but they aren't happening in our local authority so no doubt we will have to rock up to school for them anyway, depending on the decisions made. Bear's school has already decided to make tomorrow a training day, and then they'll be remote learning. It's so much easier for bear as it's secondary school. 

As I mentioned, bear has thrown a great deal of stuff out, and I've left him to make the decisions. He isn't donating much, but, to be fair, most of it is kid's tat. I have a few more bags of books to sort out and split. I donated a load to the school in the last sort, but I may take Sarah's suggestion and see if I can find something like a refuge that would be glad of them. I would only pass on the good stuff.

Sad to hear that Gerry Marsden has passed. He recorded the version of 'You'll Never Walk Alone' that was sung on the Kop at Liverpool FC and became such an anthem for them. It even became part of the campaign for justice for the victims of the Hillsborough Disaster - YNWA96. It is so much part of the club, that when they finally won the Premier League last year, and had to celebrate in a near empty stadium, the team (include manager) still lined up to sing it to the Kop, just as they do when the Kop can sing it back. And as I was wondering about linking to a video of the Kop singing their anthem, I found that I can add a YouTube video to the blog, which is awesome! I apologise in advance for the amount of YouTube videos which are going to happen over the next few weeks. 


Hugs and good health to all. 

4 comments:

  1. The Scouses at my daughter's wedding (she married a lovely lad from Liverpool - and his family)sung this at their wedding reception before the dancing - it was very moving.
    I am going to Leeds tomorrow for my blood tests at Jimmy's - my consultant tells me it is still walk in so I will be clutching my blood envelope and hopefully joining a not too long queue! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The video cannot be watched via you blog. YouTube have blocked it but you can go to YouTube and watch it. Good luck with all those black bags.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoops I have just reread it and it is the club that have blocked it. I am now in tears as it always makes me emotional .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just moved house and had a clean out as I packed. A great opportunity to get rid of so much stuff!
    "You'll Never Walk Alone" always gives me goosebumps and makes me cry. I did a stadium tour of Anfield when I was in the UK a few years ago. It was playing as we walked out of the tunnel and went around and sat in the Kop. It was very emotional and that was in an empty stadium. One day I want to be there at a match when it is being sung. It is on my bucket list!!
    Libby in Australia

    ReplyDelete