Pages

Saturday 2 January 2021

Scary White Stuff

 Wherethejourneytakesme - sending good, relaxing, quiet vibes.

Sharon - and good wishes to you and yours, especially in your snowy part of the world.

Eileen - good wishes to you and yours. If we only had two trips a month, we'd have to get a skip. To be honest, I'm keeping an option on a skip.

I nipped out for some fresh veg and forgot the margarine. Actually I also forgot the couscous that bear request and only remembered as the conveyor belt at the till started to move and I had to repack the basket. Fortunately I'm still writing everything down so it helps me to resist temptation and I didn't have much to bung back in. On the way home I saw at least half a dozen flakes of snow. I can hear those in chillier areas, and those in places like Canada and the US sniggering as I write this, but I was worried. Actually I felt more like I ought to be worried rather than really worrying as it was very fine, didn't affect the road and didn't even splat on the windscreen. 

The house is full of black bin sacks. I don't really want to put them out into the garden as they will be horrible and wet and slimy when I put them in the car. My boot is currently jammed (another reason why I didn't buy much) and there is a heap in the living room that obscures the tv. Bear is having a serious clear out. This unfortunately doesn't include the stupidly large panda that uncle gave bear when he was tiny. It's about a metre tall, at least half that wide and grubby. I loathe the thing with a passion. It takes up too much room! Still, it belongs to bear and that's all there is to say about it.

I think if we keep clearing out like this, we will need a skip. 

Hugs and good health to all.

2 comments:

  1. It is a good time for a clear out - I like the Japanese traditions where they start a New Year with a clean house / clear finances and they have returned anything borrowed.
    PS Snowing here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skips are expensive, but then peace of mind is priceless and having a house stuffed full of bags can be very annoying. I find it drives me nuts just having half a dozen carrier bags stacked up for the tip/charity shops so I sympathise. I can't wait to get rid of them once I can find a shop that's not already inundated with offerings post-Christmas. Good luck with the trips to the tip - only two a week must be rather annoying when you're facing a recycling mountain.

    ReplyDelete