Pages

Sunday 17 January 2021

Wonderfully Quiet

 I hacked back some of the bushes opposite. I forgot to take photos, but it was ridiculous. Even before the snow they were scraping the car roof, and the snow made things worse. I'm planning on making a few more raids on the bushes as the weeks go on. It's ridiculous. The laurels are planted on stony ground with a very sharp ditch away from the road, so most of their roots are on our side. Too much heavy rain (like the stuff forecast) or stiff winds (also forecast) could make a right mess of it and I don't fancy them landing on our cars.

Bear is enjoying his colouring. Unfortunately he has been watching YouTube videos of colouring which have showcased some expensive pens and pencils - of course. Bear is relatively sensible for a teenager, and knows that it would be his own money paying for it. He is also well aware of the value of shopping around. He nearly fell off his chair earlier. Apparently there is a Louis Vuitton set of pencils that is around $900 for 40 pencils. He doesn't want those. 

When we are back to normal, I'm going to take bear to the Derwent Pencil Museum in Keswick in the Lake District. I'm a little intimidated by the roads, but there aren't many motorways or dual carriageways so I should be fine. Or, if not fine, better than the motorway. 

When I was a kid, we went on a coach tour that went through the Kirkstone Pass. I remember there was a tourist type place and I bought a bracelet that was just cheap links with squares of the local granite glued on. I loved that bracelet and I wish I had kept it, but the backs went rusty. I wonder if I will be able to drive through there at any time soon. I had a quick look on Google Maps and it looks a really tough drive - but it's so beautiful. It's through the mountains and the road winds and twists unexpectedly. 

Bear and I are making lists of places to go. It will be awesome.

Hugs and good health to all.

1 comment:

  1. There are some great colouring pens and pencils that don't break the bank. They blend wonderfully too.

    What a great idea to plan some places to go. I am trying to stay optimistic but I fear it will be late this year before things here are anything close to normal. They have to get better, right?

    ReplyDelete