Pages

Wednesday 20 January 2021

Delivery Came

Tesco deliver with tray liners (if asked) and I plan to save one or two. I had to decant a 2.5kg bag of sultanas and the tray liner was perfect for catching strays. I think I will keep them in reserve for when I'm decanting washing powder into the tin as I usually get the dratted stuff everywhere. I also think they will be useful if bear continues with his painting experiments. Also, I can say goodbye to keeping the grouting in the bathroom white. Paints have a habit of getting everywhere!

I've spent most of the day fighting with my writing. It's still fun, though.

Writing stuff - Under the Bright Saharan Sky is out tomorrow. Here's the synopsis. 

John Farnley, reluctant Lord and Peer, agrees to fly Professor Entwistle and Miss Sylvia Armley on their expedition, for the usual fees. It was planned as a straightforward trip to Sudan searching under the Saharan sky for obscure Nubian pyramids where they would hopefully unearth new archaeological remains.

But instead they find a desperate woman, a dying man, and the ominous threat of mercenaries left leaderless after the recent colonial wars, mercenaries who are also interested in the treasures that might be hidden within the pyramids. And what could this have to do with the stories of djinn?

Trapped by an aether storm that left their aether flyer powerless, the companions work desperately to find out the secrets of the pyramids as the threat of the mercenaries grows.

Could this have anything to do with the forbidden knowledge of Hammerhand’s creation? Will the courage of John Farnley, the knowledge of Professor Entwistle, and the sharpshooting skills of Sylvia Armley save them? Or will it be the secret locked in the bronze figures?


I had so much fun writing this, it ought to be illegal. And just one more sleep until its out.

Hugs and good health to all. 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on having your second book published!

    ReplyDelete