Pages

Sunday 24 January 2021

Wildlife

Bless - thank you for the congratulations! It's exciting times. I'm currently working on a medieval fantasy, and I'll see how that goes. As for that sewing channel - what a temptation! There is a place local to us that does bundles of rags that are old t-shirts and shirts and such and I could buy 5kg relatively inexpensively and then have a play at some of those designs. I also have some of the newer ones on a loop on YouTube and I then switch to writing, with the relaxing music as the background. I'm resisting the rags thing as I have too much yarn at the moment. I hope I can hold out.

I broke and nipped to Aldi for some wraps and water. Our tap water tastes foul. I've got a Delifresh delivery on Wednesday and I'm hoping that I'll be able to hold out until at least next Friday. I waited until the end of the day so it wasn't too busy and dived in and out as quickly as I could.

Image from WikiCommons, taken by Tiia Monto and used under the Creative Commons Agreement

We have a bird feeder and it's been getting some traffic. We have suet nuts, seeds, fat balls and peanuts. The peanuts are a particular favourite with the bluetits, and I've seen them fly off with them quite regularly. The sparrows seem to go more for the seeds. I've only seen the wagtails leaving the garden, but I think that they've helped themselves to food and the suet balls are going down well. There are jackdaws around, and a robin or two, and DH saw a magpie enjoying a few peanuts earlier. The peanuts were also an attraction for the visiting rat. Sigh. I think that we'll just have to hope that the magpies sort out any unwanted rodents. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like your bird feeder is popular with more than just birds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like quite a garden of birds! I haven't seen any rats underneath our feeder - just possums, rabbits and the occasional raccoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If your tap water is really awful, have a look at the ZeroWater filter system. It's a plastic jug with replaceable filters, and is absolutely brilliant!
    Lakeland limited sell the jug and filters, so they're easily available.
    It's not the cheapest water filter out there, but it's definitely the best unless you want to go down the very expensive route of having a filtration system plumbed in.
    It removes every bit of everything that shouldn't really be in your drinking water, in fact the water from my jug is purer than the bottled stuff, ZeroWater provide you with a meter to measure the purity, and I have opened a brand new bottle of 'pure' water, and compared that against water from my filter jug. Although the bottle stuff is good, the water from the filter jug is far better.
    I'd forgotten how good proper water tastes, and now I never use tap water for anything other than cooking, I filter water for my coffee maker, the kettle and to drink cold.
    I'm not being paid by ZeroWater, but I recommend it without a second thought!

    ReplyDelete