Pages

Monday 4 January 2021

Hard News

Wherethejourneytakesme - I bet it was a moment to remember! A party full of Scousers has a very good chance of being epic! I hope the test went well. I know that there are all sorts of roadworks around, so I hope you got there and back okay as well! Sending good vibes. 

Pam - it is a song that goes right for the emotions. I don't think I've ever heard it without a lump in my throat

Libby - Anfield really is something special. I heard that when Fenway Group took over, they were considering knocking down the stadium, or perhaps just part of it, and rebuilding. Then they attended a match and knew that it wasn't possible. They're extending where they can, but it's still Anfield. I last went there in around 1983 or 1984 when we were beat by Wolves who were relegated that year, but even in defeat there's something about the place. After posting, I went back and watched the highlights from the  Barca game from last year and that was a thing of beauty. It's wonderful seeing them soar again! (I'm also looking at things and asking myself, would I take these if I moved house? and it's helping me thin stuff out)

Sincere apologies for those who don't support Liverpool FC. It must be a little weird finding them in a mum blog. On the other hand, all sorts of stuff ends up here, so I suppose anyone here regularly will be used to it.

I called in to IKEA to pick up a mattress for bear. I'm glad I did because I suspect that IKEA will be closed now after the news of another tough lockdown. Bear will be happy, as he gets a later start and will go straight from classes to computer games without an inconvenient journey in between. I worry that he will be missing people, though. 

I'm sort of not surprised, though. I called in to Tesco for the stuff that I forgot yesterday and to put some clothes in the donation bank, and it was full. Then I called into IKEA and it was heaving. And social distancing was impossible. I was glad to get out!

I managed a little ironing and we had chicken with pasta for dinner.

Writing stuff - Monday's flash fiction is here. And in the interests of an experiment, here is the video that accompanied Out of the London Mist (I hope!) The sequel is out on 21s January and is called Under a Bright Saharan Sky. If you are planning on picking it up (and thank you if you are!!!) then try and get it at the pre-order price which is currently 77p instead of over £3.


Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you and your family, Lyssa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you managed to get some things done before the lockdown. I don't see this ending any time soon. I am just trying to keep my head down and do the best I can until the vaccine becomes wildly distributed.

    ReplyDelete