Pages

Thursday 14 January 2021

Not Rain

Fifitr - yes! That is such a recognisable Sunday tea. Salad was a very different animal then to now. We always had the home made trifle on special occasions as me and my brothers took turns decorating it with jelly triangles and sprinkles. I love my gadgets, so the instant pot is calling to me.

Thank you for all the ideas about the instant pot. I find it incredibly tempting, but I will hold off for now. I've got a multi cooker that doesn't pressure cook which I use mainly for rice and it does fine. Of course, when that gives up, I'll think again. Or perhaps even before. I am not known for my strong will.

Today was supposed to be rain. When I got up, the snow was already half an inch deep. I decided not to go to the tip, and we didn't really need anything else. I stayed in. 

I'm worried about the laurels over the road. I'm tempted to go and cut them back myself. The weight of the snow pulled them down, and they blocked off half of the road. Even if I had felt confident of driving in snow, I would not have felt confident in squeezing past the branches. Here are some pics.

The bent over laurels cover more than half of  the road. There is a path on the right which has a high kerb.


From another angle. They don't normally bend this low

We didn't try and feed the birds today as we didn't think that they would be able to get to their favourite peanuts

I could do with a few bits tomorrow or Saturday for stuff for standwiches. I'll keep an eye on the conditions. If I had to go out, I would. However, I'm not going to risk my safety and others. 

Writing stuff - just seven days before Under the Bright Sahara Sky is published. It's still at its pre-published price, so if you are going to get it, now is a good time!

Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know laurels could bend over that far. Do you know who's responsible for them? They certainly need a good prune but it seems a bit much for you to have to tackle it. Hunkering down seems like by far the best strategy at the moment. Stay safe, and get creative with sandwich fillings. Have you ever tried the family on vegan 'tuna', made with a can of chickpeas, or home-made hummus and grated carrot? Recipes are all over the net and the ingredients are the sort of thing most of us have in our store-cupboards. Here's to a fast thaw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the thick, heavy, wet kind of snow. I hope it clears up soon! It's pretty to look at but not much fun to drive in!

    ReplyDelete