Pages

Sunday 18 September 2022

Another Wonderfully Quiet Day

Sharon - there's something about a candle that really makes a psychological difference. Unless it's a heatwave, we almost always have a candle on when we get together, like a sort of visual hug. 

Eileen - thank you. It's a wonderful feeling where three introverts are doing their own thing together and feeling okay about sharing snippets as we hang out. I hope we are building good memories for bear.

Deborah - most of my needles are cheap bamboo, but these are my posh ones, and they make the knitting so much easier.

It's been a wonderfully quiet day. I've done a little knitting, a little writing, some reading and a lot of relaxing. Bear has had a quiet day as well, though he went climbing this afternoon. DH has also had a serious relax. 

I'm not sure about tomorrow. Part of me wants to watch. Part of me thinks that I won't really pay full attention. However I'm confident that most of tomorrow will be bear, DH and I in the study, with a candle on, keeping quiet company.

We may even have the fire on. Our central heating is on timer, and if the landing falls below 19C then the heating will kick in for a few hours in the morning and evening. It's been kicking on in the morning for the last few days, including the new towel rail. I'm going to try and resist putting the fire on, though. If it's the three of us with a candle, a blanket or two each, plenty of sweaters and all the electronics, we should be able to avoid turning it on. It's not even that cold, really. It just feels colder compared to all the heat we've had. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments:

  1. Quiet, relaxed days are the best. I agree with you that cooler temperatures feel colder after a heatwave. Hope you have a relaxed day, tomorrow, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be watching the funeral. The three of you keeping quiet company together at home sounds ideal.

    ReplyDelete