Pages

Sunday 11 September 2022

Staying Quiet

Bless - I have six 'big shops' with 10% off between now and Christmas, so I think I'll try and get a few bits in each shop. I know what I'm like - halfway through December, I will be convinced that we are about to head into a sparse and lacking Christmas and try and buy everything. I'm checking the 'use by' dates on all the stuff that I'm buying ahead. And thank you - that fuchsia is so outrageously and extravagantly exuberant that I can't help but take pics. Thanksgiving sounds like a great idea - a time to be thankful. The food sounds very complicated, though.

Eileen - bear likes maths, computer science and physics. They make him happy. I am baffled by it! DH and I would never have been able to go on a trip like this, so I feel that bear is very lucky. Bear also thinks that he is very lucky. He wants to go, but I don't know if he'll make it onto the team. I bet Austria was amazing. I'm also a Royalist and watching the traditional announcements and formalities gave me a sense of an anchor - of a continuity of history. And a guilty sense that watching as an author and taking notes for possible plots for future books isn't the spirit it's meant to be seen. 

Cherie - I feel so much for the human beings that are there behind the titles. Sophie was apparently really close to the Queen, so must be finding it tough. They must be still in shock. As for Vietnam, it's soooo expensive if bear gets on the team and far beyond anything DH and I ever had a chance for. Bear knows that he's lucky, though, and wants to go. It's a little 'wait and see'.

It's been quiet today. I've quite a lot that I'd like to do tomorrow, but today has been mainly writing. I'm using up bits in the freezer as I have quite a lot of stuff ordered for next Friday. Today we finished off the end of a bag of chicken breasts, with some of the frozen carrots that have been lurking in the back and some frozen onion and mushroom in a jar of curry sauce that has been hanging around for a while. It was served up with the last of a bag of frozen green beans and the four hash browns and handful of sweet potato fries that were left over from previous meals split between us. DH and bear approved, and as I let it cook for a while, the chicken was wonderfully tender. DH will be having pasta bake, and all bets are off for bear, but this week my meals are going to be based on bitsa - bits of this and bits of that. I'm sure that there are four fish fingers in the back of one drawer, and I seem to remember that there are meatballs as well. I may end up making a large pot of soup of some of the vegetables that have been there for a while, with a huge wallop of red lentils and some cumin and turmeric. 

I'm failing to resist temptation as well. A few weeks ago, while still waiting for results, I weakened and bought some inexpensive yarn. 


To be fair, it was extremely inexpensive and in a colourway and weight that I was looking for. I have a sweater pattern that could use it, or I could do my usual 'cast on, knit, cast off and call it a blanket'. I just feel the call to start something new even though I have a gazillion and four things already started. I wonder how long before I start looking for needles for it. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

3 comments:

  1. Must smile at your yarn buy. I bought two packs like that but in a different colour scheme. What are you planning on making?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sound of your chicken meal and your plans for this week's meals. I also like that yarn you bought. I'm looking forward to seeing what you make with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've probably found the right size needles by the time I write this, so please update us on what you have decided to knit. Another warm blanket or shawl will come in useful this winter.

    ReplyDelete