Pages

Monday 12 September 2022

Sort of Good, Sort of Bad

Deborah - it sounds like you are in the middle of a lot of leaks! I hope it all gets sorted soon. They always feel so relentless and water ends up everywhere. At least you're spotting them and you're not finding yourself with a bill for water damage after months of damage. Thanks for the tip for the delivery. I've got an anytime one, which worked well before the plague, but I think the 'any day after 3pm' would work fine for us. I'm even considering getting rid altogether as I can only use the 10% discount in store.

Cherie - thank you. I'm not sure what's going to happen to it!

Bless - it was very tasty, and I'm looking forward to lots of bitsa dinners. Mind you, today I've eaten junk.

Eileen - a blanket is looking increasingly likely...

I thought the yarn that I picked up was aran weight, which is what I wanted. And it looks a little like aran weight. However the ball band says needles should be 3-4. It doesn't say 3mm-4mm but it looks too thick for the US sizes and too fine for the old UK sizes.


I suppose I could try knitting it to an Aran weight pattern with lots of swatches. It does look awfully like double knitting to me. I was hoping to knit this. It's 'Date Night Shrug' using Lion Brand 'Shawl in a Ball' yarn, which knits as aran.


(I love the shawl in a ball idea and wish that it was less expensive here).

I suppose I could try it with this yarn, but I'm less than confident. It says that it will fit a lot of sizes, but I'm extremely large. The self striping yarn would have been perfect, though. And it looks great to keep the drafts off. 

I have a shawl that I love, which is sort of an odd ball - it's called the bauhaus shawl which is a funny sort of thing where you cast on three stitches (I think) and end up casting off one and end up with a lovely, enveloping shawl that drapes brilliantly. I may make that again.

So today I got less done than I wanted, but I had a walk in the morning and I got some writing done, and then this evening I took bear for his violin lesson. Due to covid, I waited for an hour in the car and got loads done on the curtain I'm knitting. I'm determined to finish at least one project. I'll keep you all informed.

Hugs and good health to all. 

3 comments:

  1. I love that shawl idea. Are the squares sewn together? I couldn’t tell from the video and the website is under improvements and upgrades. Thank you for sharing. Fascinating watching him knit Continental Style too. I’m a “thrower” x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would use a US size 3 or 4 for that yarn or an old UK size 12 or 10; not sure what that would be in mm, but 3-4 mm sounds about right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the shrug you've pictured and hope your wool, or something in your stash, is suitable for it.

    Good luck to Bear with his violin lessons.

    ReplyDelete