Pages

Monday 21 November 2022

And Back to the Start

Thank you for the lovely comments. DH and bear painted the table white and did a wonderful job. I'm not including the full pic as the kitchen is awful, but it looks a little like this.


I had a lot of panic attacks yesterday. Today I feel full of aches and pains. I'm getting very bored of it all.

This morning I went to Tesco and bought a load of Christmas goodies. I spent nearly £100 after my 10% discount, and around £80 of that was goodies. It's loads of stuff like nuts, pickles, relishes and biscuits. The £80 includes some plastic 600g tubs of Heroes and Celebrations which were going for £3.50 at the Clubcard price which made them very affordable and suitable for stashing for emergency presents. I shall certainly pass a tub to the lovely people next door. I winced at the total, but it's slightly less than I expected. This time next month I will pick up fruit and things like meat, cheese and stuffing which are perishable. I forgot crisps, which is a nuisance, and I'm sure there are plenty more things that I need to remember. I'm going to have to get a list together. As it is, I doubt that I'll be picking up much in the way of biscuits and pickles until February. 

I didn't watch the England match. Mainly because it was on during the school run, but I feel very uncomfortable about the whole Qatar thing. I'm keeping an eye on the Wales match on BBC text commentary. Normally I would settle down with my knitting, but it feels sort of wrong. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

3 comments:

  1. They've made a really good job of painting the table. It's a shame you don't live closer as I could hire them to finish off all my stuff!

    I can't trust myself to buy Christmas goodies this early ... if I did I'd have to go and buy a second lot nearer the big day because they'd all be gone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the panic attacks. I hope they ease off a bit.

    I haven't started anything for Christmas. I just can't seem to find the joy there any more. I want to shop local but it's just so busy out it makes me a little anxious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The painted table looks great! My compliments to the painters! Sounds like you found some good deals for stocking up on goodies for Christmas! Well done!

    ReplyDelete