Pages

Monday 14 November 2022

Fog!

Thank you for all the kind good wishes. I'm still feeling tired, but better today than I have been. 

The fog was pretty thick this morning on the school run and was still an issue for the afternoon pick up. I'm not as worried by fog as I am by snow. I suppose it's because the first time I took bear and his friend to school, the fog was desperately thick and I couldn't see a hundred yards. I sort of got over the fear. It wasn't as bad today and I just watched my stopping distances and got on with it. 

Bear is talking about prom. When I was at school, sometime back when Stonehenge was still shiny, it was a school disco with dubious hotdogs and small bottles of pop. Now it's proper dresses and tuxedos and fancy dinners. Bear has got some insider knowledge and is talking about them trying to keep the cost of the tickets below £38. I told bear that he was going in a rented tuxedo. I swear that he has grown six inches this year, and he's starting to broaden out. What will fit him in May 2023 is very unlikely to fit him in May 2025! I expect he's a few inches growing at least before next May, so there is no point in shopping around now. I'll wait until later. I am just relieved that I don't have to go through the prom dress/hairdressers/nails etc that parents with daughters have to face. I'm sure it's a bonding and fun experience for many, but it's my idea of purgatory. I told him it was a great chance to look like James Bond. Bear was unimpressed, but definitely wants to go to prom. 

He got his Chemistry result today and, bad mother that I am, I can't remember what it was, but I think it was 79% Whatever it was, I remember it was a good one. He was happy about it. He'll get his full set of results next week, so I'm keeping it all crossed. He is not happy about the current state of his homework - he is supposed to 'learn' Othello for drama this week, which seems a little optimistic. He is also supposed to be consistently revising. I'm researching healthy treats for him. It's going to be a long few years. To those who have been through this - all advice is sooooo welcome!!!


Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments:

  1. I hope you're finally on the mend! Well done Bear!

    It sounds really expensive. I think my daughter and middle son went to the theirs. The oldest didn't go - really not his thing. I think we just did dressy trousers, shirt, jacket and tie. A good investment as it did for interviews too lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are starting to feel better and I hope it continues. Congratulations to bear on his chemistry test marks. I hope the other test results and marks are equally good, if not better. :)

    ReplyDelete