Pages

Tuesday 8 November 2022

Pity Party

Thank you for all the wonderful comments and well wishes. It has been such a boost and I swear I'm better for them. Eileen and Sarah - I'm listening to you about the teacher. I'll have another talk with bear about it once things have died down on the GCSE front, but he has just finished a set of mocks, has two more sets of mock exams scheduled for January and March and then the real deal in May and June. I am tiptoeing around him. Mind you, today hear learned that he got 97% in his computer science exam, so he's in a good place today.

I will be honest, I'm still feeling quite poorly. There's a patch of skin that has been giving trouble for around a year and it's finally kicked off enough for me to actually speak to a doctor about it. For those feeling strong, it's from eczema (or dermititis herpetiformis) that has got infected and I'm quite fed up of it. I currently feel ridiculously wrung out.

This means that I have been at a low ebb when it comes to will power but with more time to sit and stare at the computer with all those lovely shopping sites available. I have an Asda delivery coming tomorrow, because that was the only supplier that could deliver and I'm not sure that I'll be up to walking around a supermarket. I think that it should be mainly normal stuff, but all bets are off. Poor bear is likely to end up with a ready meal tomorrow. We've agreed on chicken and bacon pasta, and I've ordered some extra fruit. I have no idea about anything else.

Writing stuff - I'm trying to pull together some good new stuff for the collection of short stories. I have already removed the stories I'm planning on using from my writing blog, which I'm ashamed to say has had nothing new on it for a week. It's only going to be a small collection, and I'll be pricing it as low as I can. It will almost certainly be put on free offer at some point. However my pride says that there has to be some good new stuff in there, so I've been working on that. 

I mentioned that I had ordered a cover from Get Covers for the story, and it came yesterday! Check it out!


The stories are the slightly darker supernatural ones. I'm not sure if there is a market for the more mundane stories, especially as I want people to be interested enough to go and read the full stories like Out of the London Mist and King's Silver 

On the bright side, feeling slightly detached from reality with the temperature and everything can only be good for generating slightly darker and spookier ideas, right?

Hugs and good health to all. 

5 comments:

  1. Bless you love. Life is tough enough without feeling unwell. I do read your posts but can't always comment. Currently in the car on our way home and my signal us great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope the infection clears up for the antibiotics you are taking, although, sometimes, one can need more than once course of antibiotics for complete healing. In the meantime, please try to rest and take things easy to help your body recover. It takes time and I am afraid that you are pushing yourself too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cover. Please take care of yourself! The skin infection sounds horrible. I'm glad you finally got it seen to by a doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. got to love never ending skin infections , ive given up even trying the doctors and ive had quite a few good results with various vitamins and good old cold sore cream , but they make you feel crap and antibiotics seem to make them worse at least for me

    ReplyDelete
  5. 97%! That's a brilliant result ... please pass on a huge "Well Done" to Bear.

    The picture on the book cover is the sort that would intrigue me and make me want to read the story ... good choice.

    I do hope you start to feel better soon. It sounds horrible and I'm sending hugs xx

    ReplyDelete