Pages

Saturday 12 November 2022

Knitting

Eileen - Thank you! I am sure that learning to make an omelette in a pan would be a lot more effective, but I love gadgets.

Bless - it was good to speak to the doctor. They are very good at our surgery. 

Rae - sending good vibes for the glucose results. It's good that they're keeping on top of it so you can take early action. Our surgery always sends us home with a little tube to fill and it is so much easier to provide a sample in the comfort of your own bathroom. Bear has finished exams now until January - thank goodness!

Today I went and sat in a car park for a few hours and read a little and knitted a little. It's a very nice car park for a country park with a cafe and a toilet attached and there are some cute dogs being walked. Unfortunately, with budget cuts, the cafe and toilet will be closed after this weekend. This is a shame, but the Tesco toilet is only around ten minutes away so I suppose I could still go to the car park and drive along for comfort stops. I managed a nice pic of the sky. 


It looks gloomier than it was. The clouds reminded me of soft toy stuffing. Most of the time the sky looked a little more like this.


And the trees at this time of year are beautiful.


My shrug is now around 21 inches or 54 cms (give or take) long. This means that I'm nearly half way as I need to knit until it's 42 inches long and then another two inches in rib. Then it gets folded and becomes a shrug. I didn't have much luck in taking a pic.



I think that it's going to be so much fun to wear, and nice and warm.

I've been thinking about the whole writing thing. There are parts of me that are as easily influenced as a balloon in a hurricane, so it makes sense that what I'm writing affects me. I don't approve of it, though. I don't mind other people having 'artistic temperament'. I just don't believe in having it for myself. I suspect that I will do better if I can embrace my inner Bohemian, though it feels very self indulgent. I can't see bear approving of me being obviously unconventional. He has enough to put up with as it is. I'll have a further think about things and if there is anything worth sharing, I'll share on the writing blog. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

3 comments:

  1. I love the look of that shrug you are making! So colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Skies! When I posted some like those the other day a reader commented that her Grandma called them Buttermilk Skies. I love skies like that. They have such character. The knitting looks to be coming along lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your photos. The sky in the first two are beautiful, and I love the colours and pattern of the shrug.

    It's a shame to see so many places closing and I'm sure it's only going to get worse as the recession continues. Worrying times! xx

    ReplyDelete