Pages

Wednesday 23 November 2022

Keeping On

Sharon - thank you! It's hard. I went first thing in the morning to avoid crowds. Of course, you have Thanksgiving going on and that won't help. If anyone does local deliveries, that may help. Sending good vibes.

Bless - thank you! I'm incredibly proud of bear. The tubs of sweeties were on an offer that ran out that day, so I wasn't going to miss it. 

Eileen - Thank you! I think I'll be relieved when the exams are over - almost as much as bear! I think a lot of people have become more shut in and isolated due to the pandemic. It's certainly been easier to just hide away. As for the churches, twenty years ago I heard an argument that a lot of churches should be just sold off and the congregations rent a hall for services. I remember hearing about a vicar getting tetchy because he had to fund raise for repairs on a twelfth century church and the repairs cost so much that could be better spent on the poor and on the Church's mission. I've been to a few services at York Minster now, and I can honestly believe that it would be better sold off for a museum. I am absolutely devoted to history, but I think that the church, of whatever denomination, shouldn't be held hostage by it. The exceptions are the churches that are being warm places for people in the winter, or hubs for things like the foodbank (like the Methodist Church that just closed) or advice centres. I don't go to church regularly, so I don't feel that I have a right to much of an opinion, but I worry. Of course, you can now follow services from places like Canterbury Cathedral on YouTube...

I am absolutely beyond shattered. I don't know why I'm so tired. I'm starting to take some iron supplements on my own behalf. I shall have an early night while dozing off to some shopping calculations. 

You see, when I got the goodies for Christmas, I got a coupon with my receipt. You get those coupons when you spend over a certain amount, so I don't see them that often. The coupon is for £5 off a £40 spend on homewares. I don't know if it would stack with the 10% off I get some of the Tesco range of homewares due having the Clubcard extra. According to the coupon, it covers plates and I could do with a few more plates. We have three large and two small plates and that may be a little inadequate at Christmas. We also only have three of the deeper bowls, and that will almost certainly be a little lacking when it comes to the various desserts. I may check and see if it covers candles, which will only incite me to shopping. In fact, I think that there's quite a lot included, although no groceries. The question is - would I spend £40 anyway without the coupon. I could easily spend £40, especially as it covers batteries and we have the growing hints at powercuts coming up. I can find the money, though again, it's not that I could but whether I should. I shall have to make some lists. 

And I still haven't started the dratted price book. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

4 comments:

  1. Has there been a lot of sunshine? Lack of that vitamin (D?) might make you a little tired and have less energy too. I know that lack of sunshine makes me feel like I don't have any urge to do anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In addition to iron supplements, please have your vitamin D levels checked, too. There was a time when I was very tired all the time and my vit. D levels were very low. I am now on supplements for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you are still feeling rough. Be careful with iron supplements, as Iron is one of the strange ones. Your body can't get rid of excess Iron, so if you have too much it builds up and prevents other minerals being absorbed (with some other unpleasant side effects). It might be a good idea to buy an over the counter(or online) iron deficiency blood test and check your actual level before taking any supplements?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing good health back for you too. It's dragging on isn't it and I hope you find some relief soon.

    I have the same issue with plates and am looking to replace mine. I didn't think of looking in Tesco but will do now you've reminded me ... we may end up with the same sets! xx

    ReplyDelete