Pages

Monday 28 November 2022

Weather Continues Scary

Bless - thank you. I think it's going to be an ongoing process.

Sharon - thank you. With the price rises, sometimes I just refuse to buy stuff that I can afford. I just can't bring myself to pay the new price for it. I suppose I get used to driving in rain, wind and fog. The thought of snow terrifies me.

Deborah - thank you. Unfortunately I was on anti depressants for so long that I developed a bad reaction to them. I think this is a long haul.

There is always something good if you look for it. Today I managed to pick up some seriously cut price yellow sticker Tesco finest stuffing and I intend to cook it and have some for dinner tonight with veggies and the rest cold over the next few days. I love stuffing. One Christmas we had so many different types of stuffing and pigs in blankets and sprouts with chestnuts and relishes that we forgot to put the meat on the plate. We didn't notice until afterwards.

Panic/hissy fit feelings continue. I had a very disrupted night. This was unfortunate as I then had to drive bear to school in some of the thickest fog that I had ever encountered. I dosed myself with large quantities of diet cola and was very careful indeed. There were times when visibility was down to something like twenty yards. Then there were clear patches and no trace of any mist, which was a moment for me to catch my breath. 

After calling into Tesco for salad for DH (and unexpected bargains), I called in to the carpark where I've been before to knit and took a few moments. I had a very small walk away from the car park for the first time. It's quite lovely.



Though there are a few interesting looking paths that I will wait for a dry spell to try.


I had a few serious doggy cuddles. I'm not good with dogs (though I am a complete soft touch as most woofers quickly find out) so it was nice to be able to make a fuss of the beautifully behaved dogs. Then I came home through some very peculiar conditions. I needed sunglasses for the first half as the sun was so bright, then I hit fog again and the visibility dropped dramatically. It was down to a few yards on some scary roads. I was glad to get in. 

I took some more pics when I got home. The fuchsia is now looking thin, although the flowers are holding on.


But the yellow rose that has been swamped by the dratted thing is flourishing.


And there was a little mist where we were, but it wasn't so bad. 


Pick up for bear was terrifying! I was so glad to get there in one piece. Of course, the car park was lovely and clear. I watched the rats running backwards and forwards across a stretch of road like they were playing at some sort of game. I didn't catch the rats in a pic, but you can see that it goes between the beck and the 'landscaping'.


They were zooming backwards and forwards like some sort of races. I thought that they looked sort of cute. I wondered if they had been flooded out. The beck is currently low, but you can see that it has recently been a lot higher with the heavy rain we had earlier.


The drive home was equally scary. Visibility was unnervingly bad at the roundabouts and I was glad to get home. I've had a word with bear and said that while the weather is like this, and it's predicted to last at least another day or two, then I will take him to school but he can get the bus home. It isn't ideal, but I think that it will be safer all told. 

I've been chasing ideas around in my head about the panic attacks. They are not exactly new to me, but there seems to be more than usual. I'm going to try a little exercise (very small walk), a better diet (I had a proper lunch of soup today) and to work on my writing. I'm also going to try meditating if I remember. I suspect that it needs to be a sea change to get things to settle down, but we will see. 

Thank you for the kind thoughts.

Hugs and good health to all. 

3 comments:

  1. Lovely atmospheric photos. I like the fog to walk in but not for driving. Well done for getting through the school runs! I was so glad to be done with them. Most of the winter my stomach was in a tight knot wondering whether I would have to drive in the snow. Once I was done with the school runs and my kids learned to drive (they did so before finishing high school so would want to drive!) I spent most of the winter with my stomach in knots because I was worried about them driving. It never seems to end.

    I find it funny that the rats are so visible in England. I see mice here, but no rats! Whenever I would go to the park while I was in England I would see them running around when people weren't moving about.

    Hope tomorrow is a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were able to drive safely through the fog! I've driven in some thick fog a couple of times and it was very scary! I couldn't see the car in front of me and I kept hoping it didn't stop at any point because I would have run into it!

    I'm glad you are going to try meditation for your panic attacks; I hope it will help. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Panic attacks must be dreadful you poor love. That lovely yellow rose would make me smile every time I saw it. X

    ReplyDelete