Pages

Monday 27 July 2015

Made a very small start

I'm working on making a piano shaped hole.  I spent this morning with father - v poorly - but since then I have taken advantage of bear free time.  There has been some pleasant surprises.  I found a folder I used years ago before bear was born but when I was seriously depressed.  I used it to organise and it was awesome then.  I may have some shredding to do.

I've organised a pick up by Emmaus (who are brilliant) and I've found a ream of paper that I knew I had somewhere but couldn't find so things are good.  There are around 50 rolls of wrapping paper, mostly full but some half used.  I can proudly say I paid full price for none of them.  I also have a plethora of bottle bags, due to father's habit of giving bottles as presents.  I stocked up and then forgot I had stocked up.

I need to get it together.

I am pausing now as I have various bits of furniture half in and half out, piles of stuff and general chaos.  Bear is due home soon, as is DH.  DH likes order and lack of clutter.  He is feeling fragile as well.

Off to get a wiggle on.

Thank you for all the good wishes.  I know so many people have gone through this stage - many in far worse circumstances.  I am very grateful for the support I am getting.

2 comments:

  1. I am thinking of you. Nothing prepares us for this and I am hoping you are feeling supported and giving yourself some care too. It is easy to just kept really busy so as not to have time to face reality but try not to get exhausted. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. sybil, I am a long time follower and reader of your books, and am so sorry to hear about your father. Sending gentle hugs to all three of you at this worrying time.
    Mary
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete