Pages

Saturday 5 May 2018

So Much For Friday

Poor bear couldn't walk properly so today I spent running around after him.  He is determined to teach me how to play Minecraft over the summer holidays.  I'm dreading it.  I had a go and I couldn't work out how to move forward, so I think I will have a very interesting time. 

I need to have a good clear out in the kitchen.  It needs a complete clear out and rethink as I want to get bear cooking over the summer.  He's 11, which isn't too young to make a meal with supervision, and I want to get him involved in the planning and budgeting more than the chopping.  I just want him to have more skills at 18 than I had, and more than DH had, so he can make a meal, iron a shirt and get by. 

I think bear has a better foundation than I did.  He was scarfing down the soup that I had made in a batch and frozen (still some portions in the freezer!) and I mentioned that the next one may be a black bean soup recipe.  Bear suggested that perhaps I should start by making a normal sized recipe so that we could see if we liked it before I froze a dozen portions.  I don't know where he got his common sense from, but I don't think it was from me.

Also, for those interested, here is the latest instalment from the White Hart.  I had far too much fun writing it, and I've got some great ideas about how to take it forward.

Wean - the Heinz beans and sausage are currently 75p each at Asda, but there is usually an offer on them somewhere.  I don't shop at Asda at the moment as their delivery here is beyond appalling and I can't (yet) drive to the big out of town store.  That's why I usually wait until they go on offer at Tesco.  The offers come around once every month or so. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete