Pages

Tuesday 19 November 2019

Tesco Gluten Free

Heather - I think I ought to take your attitude. Everyone would probably breathe a sigh of relief. I don't know anyone who can manage that IKEA roundabout with ease - it is truly dreadful! Today I found that I could cut straight ahead, and not go around.

Once a year, around April or May (I really need to start looking out in March), there is (or has been up to now) a sale by Tesco on their gluten free stuff. It's really hard to find gluten free stuff on sale, but at that time, most of their own brand gluten free stuff is 3 for the price of 2. I usually buy a year's worth of pasta, several months worth of frozen 'breaded' chicken and stacks of gluten free gravy granules, along with a selection of their other stuff. I save a lot here, as I really focus on stuff I am actually going to use.

I think it is tied into coeliac week, but I couldn't be sure. I'll share when I see it. Morrisons had their gluten free pasta on half price last week but when I went there, the shelves had been cleared.

Sharon - the best hot chocolate I had was around fifteen years ago or more, in Ripon, where it was almost an edifice, with whipped cream, fresh strawberries and grapes and little chocolate shapes. It's around 30 miles away, by the smaller roads (longer if you use the motorways) and the route is a little challenging as it is relatively high speeds on a very non-straight road. It's on the list, though, as I love the cathedral. It's the only cathedral I have visited where they have Sunday School drawings displayed, as it is, or was, a working church.

I was lucky today, as bear's pal's dad took them to school, so I didn't have to worry too much about ice. Pick up was fine, but I am still a little worried about tomorrow, although the forecast is a little better.

Writing stuff - my response to this week's writing challenge is here.

Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment