Pages

Monday 7 September 2020

Eighteen Bags for Life

 I had been tossing the bags for life in a heap in a corner. As you may guess, I am trying to get things cleared up so I thought I would tackle the heap. I wiped down and folded eighteen bags and put them in a nineteenth bag. This does not include the multitude that are stuffed in my car, scattered around the house or are being used for laundry, knitting projects, items for charity shops, paperwork, etc etc etc. I just need to find a good place to keep them, because if I always have them in the same place, I can always grab one. Failing to grab one has led to a lot of bags.

I freed up two extra as I finally got around to taking all the empty jars to the bottle bank. It seemed to take forever, posting several months worth of jars into the recycling while several of the local old ladies judged.

I made it to the farm shop where I bought vast amounts of ice cream and a few bits. I didn't make it to Aldi, however, as the car wasn't driving properly. The tyre check pressure light came on. I checked the wheels, and they all seem fine, but it wasn't as good a drive as usual. I tried taking the tyre pressure for the first time and utterly failed. I may have even let air out of one. I think it's under pressure but not flat, so I think I will take it to the garage to see if I need to get it up to pressure. I know that there are places with air that I could use, but until I learn how to take the tyre pressure, I had probably best not. 

Also, Scottish Power. They have such lovely people answering the phones, but they have cursed accounts. I think that I am almost switched away from them. They weren't going to cancel the dratted boiler cover, either, so at least I caught up with that.

I can feel the call of yarn. I feel so low and tired and I'm vulnerable to eBay who lets me buy things when I really shouldn't. I'm trying to stay strong. I'll let you know how that goes!

Fifitr - there is no such thing as useless knowledge. Also, I spend far too much time on Sporcle, and it's surprising what you pick up when you're guessing answers to quizzes.

Hugs and good health to all. 

1 comment:

  1. I cringe to think how many bags I have. I must admit to really liking them!

    Bottles - sigh. Over here in Michigan we have a 10 cent deposit on each can/bottle. From March until June nowhere took them back which led to a huge back log of cans/bottles in our garage. Husband is starting to get them under control but what a job! Obviously we are not the only ones. The bottle rooms are at stores - usually very small - and are now limited to one or two people and the rest have to queue outside. It's not so bad now, but I hate to imagine in the winter!

    ReplyDelete