Pages

Sunday 6 September 2020

Every Day is a School Day

There's a lot of writing stuff in the blog at the moment, because I'm doing a lot of writing stuff, and I'm always pausing to check facts and have a quick overview of, for example, how well tar burns (very well, apparently) and I find out all sorts of stuff. I am also dipping into a lot of craft videos and finding odd things there. For example, there is a channel called Darkest Raven Designs which is an artist who creates the most amazing things, including taking a rather saccherine bear from a thrift shop which is as cutesy as you would expect and making it into something of a dashing steampunk bear - here. I don't know how to take screen shots, so I can't share, but I am in awe of someone who can use fine art brushes and do delicate designs. 

Completely unrelated, I found that there is a type of music called Bardcore. Here is Dolly Parton's Jolene done in the style of medieval music. There is loads on YouTube. I can see me getting caught up in that. Currently listening to 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' in Latin. I'm glad that there are still uses for a classical education.

As I get caught up in writing, I'm likely to find more fun bits, so I'll share the good stuff.

I'm still chipping away at the chaos that is this house. I have been nibbling away at the stuff in the kitchen and have just loaded two bags for life filled with empty jars. I've been putting them to one side here and there and I finally rounded them up from all the corners and I can take them to Tesco tomorrow.

I'm planning on something of a trip tomorrow. The men are out of their favourite ice cream, so that means a trip to both Aldi and Blue Hills Farm. I might as well have a look in at Lidl and see what they have as well, and I need some bits from Tesco. When bear is back at school, I hope to be able to do a different shop each day after drop off, but this week I think I would rather just get a load in tomorrow, and then concentrate on getting bear ready for school on Thursday. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

1 comment:

  1. Bardcore is very entertaining, although I was disappointed to find that most weren't in Latin. Having sung along to Smell Like Teen Spirit I'm now browsing the offerings in Anglo Saxon and Old French. Possibly not as useful to know as the flammability of tar... then again I suspect few of us ever use most of what we know in our daily lives. I remember learning vast amounts about banana farming in Ghana in geography lessons, whereas where countries and cities actually are might have been of more use - it would certainly score me more points on Pointless, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete